Corsair Community

Glaive RGB DPI light only partially working

Eredelis

Just recently the DPI light on my glaive went out, but it's not outright broken. When I unplug and plug it back in it turns on for a few seconds before flickering and turning off. And any time I change the DPI I get the flicker for the new setting and then off again. Functionally everything is fine, but just the light is having issues.

Just recently the DPI light on my glaive went out, but it's not outright broken. When I unplug and plug it back in it turns on for a few seconds before flickering and turning off. And any time I change the DPI I get the flicker for the new setting and then off again. Functionally everything is fine, but just the light is having issues.

I've got a brand-new Glaive this week and I think I've figured this out.

The DPI lights will turn off when you have most lighting modes enabled. I can only assume this is to avoid colour clash.

However, with static lighting, if you change DPI, the indicators stay on permanently. It's a strange quirk, but I don't think it's a hardware problem, more a software bug/oversight (especially as there should be an option to control this!).

Let me know if this is the same for you!

Cheers,

Ed

I just got a second Glaive as a replacement from Amazon for this issue, and it has the same problem.

I have seen videos of people reviewing the Glaive with the Lighting Link on, and the DPI lights remaining on too.

Not sure if this means the newer firmware has issues, or if its cue related as in the default mode when its not connected to cue, if you swap modes the next led just lights up, but even with no other LEDs on if you cycle modes with it connected the CUE it flickers on the change still, but the LEDs remain on.

Here is a quick vid showing what I mean: [ame]

[/ame]

Archived