Corsair Community

H100i V2 Rattling / Grinding pump noise

badersama

Hi

I recently finished building my new gaming PC, and my choice for CPU cooling is the H100i V2, the whole setup went OK (back plate was not securing against the PCB of my z370 maximus x code so I used plastic washers), as I booted up I noticed an annoying rattling / grinding noise which goes up If I activate Performance mode on Corsair Link and can be heard across the room, Quiet mode makes things better but I can still hear it thru the LL fans spinning @ 1100 RPM, did my homework and troubleshooted it as follows:

1-Made sure to feed it 12V by using AIO_PUMP fan header.

2-Used the CPU_FAN header then increased the speed to MAX.

3-used both methods with Disabled BIOS controls and Q-FAN.

4-Tilted the case to the front and back for few minutes.

Nothing worked, no reaction whatsoever to what I do as it remains at a consistent level.

Any suggestions?

I attached some pictures of my Link Config and PC, also I've uploaded a video on Youtube (couldn't here) of the noise (Fans were @ 0 RPM during the video).

[ame]

[/ame]

Link.thumb.JPG.43625eceeb80762eca3ba1e866f4830a.JPG

Case.thumb.jpg.a95818be13430ca8530da0832b129d33.jpg

The backplate typically isn't fully "secure" until the pump unit is screwed into place; it does wiggle a bit. So I'd start by removing those washers and remounting the unit. Check to make sure that it's tight once the head is installed.

What are your temperatures like, at idle and at load?

The backplate typically isn't fully "secure" until the pump unit is screwed into place; it does wiggle a bit. So I'd start by removing those washers and remounting the unit. Check to make sure that it's tight once the head is installed.

What are your temperatures like, at idle and at load?

Temps are @ 27c idle and 71c after 30 min of prime95, others who mounted without washers had less pressure on the CPU surface and the temps were very high compared to mine.

but how is that related to the grinding noise from the pump?

Unfortunately, this is a somewhat commonly reported issue on this specific model. That's not air bubbles and there isn't anything you can do. It works, but you don't have to put up with that noise. Fastest resolution is likely to exchange it from your purchase vendor, but if there are unfriendly or you are past the return window, you can also do it through Corsair and tech support system.

Unfortunately, this is a somewhat commonly reported issue on this specific model. That's not air bubbles and there isn't anything you can do. It works, but you don't have to put up with that noise. Fastest resolution is likely to exchange it from your purchase vendor, but if there are unfriendly or you are past the return window, you can also do it through Corsair and tech support system.

I've been reading about it and it does seem common, I got mine from Amazon which I think is very flexible, I will most likely request a full refund and tank the shipping back but only after I try every thing since the performance is very good and it looks good.

Heard about the hose tabbing and case side placement to resolve this issue, anyone tried it?