Corsair Community

Lighting node pro not being detected in corsair link

Confused_Furret

I bought the ll 140 2 fan kit and I believe everything is set up correctly but the lighting node is not being detected by corsair link. This is my second kit, as the first time I got it, I thought it was a faulty Lighting node.

I have tried to use USBDview and it seems that it isn't being detected but I have tried switching ports and testing to make sure the USB headers work.

Well, if USBDView doesn't see it, neither will Link.

So we need to figure out why USBDView isn't seeing it.

Do you see anything in Device Manager that's listed as an unknown device?

Do you have Fast Boot enabled? If so, try disabling it and booting.

Are all of your USB ports enabled in the BIOS?

Some others mentioned an issue with XHCI handoff being enabled/disabled (not sure which and haven't had time to research it a bit more). Try flipping that (and flip it back if it makes no difference).

I dont see anything unknown in device manager. I disabled fastboot, and all usb ports are enabled. turning XHCI on didnt seem to do anything.

Im not sure if it really means anything but I am using an nzxt internal usb hub but I do not have the lighting node plugged into that. I also have an nzxt hue +, not sure if that would somehow override the lighting node.

There is one device that is showing up on USBDview, I'm not sure what it is but it has a vendor id of 1b1c and a prid of 1b20. There are 4 of them with the same vendor and prid but only one listed with the device type unknown.

Well, 1b1c is Corsair but 1B20 is not a Link device. It could be anything else though ... flash drive, keyboard, mouse, headset ... all manner of USB devices that aren't controlled in Link. The LNP's PID is 0c0b.

NZXT's CAM and Link don't always play nice together but I don't think that prevents Windows from detecting the hardware at all.

Have you tried plugging the LNP into that NZXT USB hub?

Well, 1b1c is Corsair but 1B20 is not a Link device. It could be anything else though ... flash drive, keyboard, mouse, headset ... all manner of USB devices that aren't controlled in Link. The LNP's PID is 0c0b.

NZXT's CAM and Link don't always play nice together but I don't think that prevents Windows from detecting the hardware at all.

Have you tried plugging the LNP into that NZXT USB hub?

yes, I have plugged it into both the hub and the mobo.