Corsair Community

0 RPM Pump

Noahboy88

A few days ago when I booted up my computer I noticed that Corsair Link told me that my Liquid Cooler's pump was at 0 RPM. I've tried to redo the wiring and I am worried that the pump is fried.

Everytime I start up my PC I am led to the BIOS due to CPU Extreme Temperature warning.

A few days ago when I booted up my computer I noticed that Corsair Link told me that my Liquid Cooler's pump was at 0 RPM. I've tried to redo the wiring and I am worried that the pump is fried.

Everytime I start up my PC I am led to the BIOS due to CPU Extreme Temperature warning.

yes that would point at your pump being unwell buddy.. does it make any noise and/or does its fan spin?. have you tried it on another fan header?? have you checked in bios to make sure said fan header is still set to 100%?.. there's a few things to try for now... and just in case you are still in warranty.. open a support ticket.. make sure you have your proof of purchase to hand ;)

I've checked the BIOS, turned all the headers on, in fact I have place it into the AIO and Water Pump slots on the motherboard. The fans spin up really loudly because of the processor I assume.

Also, when I touch the outflow(?) Cord it's really hot.

I'll open a support ticket tomorrow.

I've checked the BIOS, turned all the headers on, in fact I have place it into the AIO and Water Pump slots on the motherboard. The fans spin up really loudly because of the processor I assume.

Also, when I touch the outflow(?) Cord it's really hot.

I'll open a support ticket tomorrow.

pump or blockage I think,, so yeah get that ticket ball rolling asap buddy..

c-attack or DevBiker will be along soon that have WAY more experience than I do so maybe they can spot something I haven't?

good look bud

Looks, smells and quacks like a bad pump.

You already checked to make sure that it's getting the 12V. And the AIO_PUMP header is, typically, already pre-set to full speed.

The fans will spin up loudly before Windows (and Link) starts only when the coolant temperature is high. Which is yet another indication of a bad pump.

I'm afraid this one is unanimous. Get something else on there if you can. Otherwise, you need to leave that machine powered down. You can get away with some poking around with a flow restriction, but with a zero flow state you will be lucky to get to the desktop and there really is no margin to play around in.

Archived