Corsair Community

What cooler is this?

Wulffe

Hi there!

I have got this H100 water cooler for Christmas, and now I have some trouble identifying it online.

It came from the seller in a brown box, without a manual or other useful information. The sellers website state that it is a Corsair H100.

But, I cannot find any H100 online witch look like mine, so now I hope someone here can help me figure out if it is a H100 or maybe something else?

Pictures:

It is a "new" pump model with square heat plate, without LINK integration, the tubing is rubber with no sleeving and the radiator has no branding.

I hope you can help :)

//Wulffe

Edited by Wulffe

It appears to be a Corsair H110i (previously H110i GT).

It is hard to tell proportions from the low, wide picture, but it should be evident enough from the 280m radiator and 140mm fan size it is not the in H100 series. That is also to your benefit since the H110i is a better cooler than a 4 year old H100 or even a 4 minute old H100i v2. It also fits your case, so things seem to be going your way.

However, you might want to consider flipping those fans on the radiator around to exhaust. With SLI you already have a lot of heat in the case when under GPU load. Adding CPU waste heat with only the rear fan to remove it all will likely lead to higher internal case temperatures.

It appears to be a Corsair H110i (previously H110i GT)

Thanks for your answer, how ever, the included fans are 120mm.

Also, you link to the H110i, and it says the H110i has "Built-in Corsair Link" witch mine does not have, there is only a 3/4-pin connector with a separate 1-pin on it - No mini usb for the data cable or anything (what a shame, just got the commander pro and lots of light and fans, now the pump will stay white..)

Regarding the exhaust/intake.

I have tried to make it an exhaust, but the cooler could not keep the CPU cool then, so I flipped them and made en intake, and it all seems to run fine. I have 2, 120mm fans and a 140mm in the front as intake as well.

As you say, it it nice to have a newer model than a 4 year old H100 - It just bugs me that I don´t know what the model is for sure, when looking on yt vids and others temp readings.

Regarding the exhaust/intake.

I have tried to make it an exhaust, but the cooler could not keep the CPU cool then, so I flipped them and made en intake, and it all seems to run fine. I have 2, 120mm fans and a 140mm in the front as intake as well.

This is actually indicative of a cooling problem that you have with the interior temperature of your case.

If your case interior temperature is so warm that it can't keep the CPU cool when that air is used to cool the cooler, then your case interior temperature is heating up the components on the motherboard. You'll have a runaway thermal issue at extended periods of high load. By flipping your cooler to intake and dumping the waste heat from the CPU into an already overheated system, you're making the problem worse. It's "unseen" because you likely don't have temperature probes monitoring the internal ambient temperature in that area. You're targeting the symptom, not the root cause and that's a game you'll lose every time.

It sound like you need to get better airflow, in that area above the GPU.

This is actually indicative of a cooling problem that you have with the interior temperature of your case.

If your case interior temperature is so warm that it can't keep the CPU cool when that air is used to cool the cooler, then your case interior temperature is heating up the components on the motherboard. You'll have a runaway thermal issue at extended periods of high load. By flipping your cooler to intake and dumping the waste heat from the CPU into an already overheated system, you're making the problem worse. It's "unseen" because you likely don't have temperature probes monitoring the internal ambient temperature in that area. You're targeting the symptom, not the root cause and that's a game you'll lose every time.

It sound like you need to get better airflow, in that area above the GPU.

Thanks for your concern :):

But I really have no issues with the temperatures, not on the CPU, or in the case. I have just stress tested (Aida64) my machine a few days ago, and the CPU had a max temp of: 75c, and GPU was 68c. The Motherboard had a max of 34c.

Anyway, back on track - Im just trying to figure out what cooler I have been given :biggrin:

Edited by Wulffe

That’s a good question. Best guess is someone took the pump cap from a H110i and put it on the original H100. Both are CoolIT OEM so it’s not surprising it fits. The ethics of selling it are another matter. Edited by c-attack

That’s a good question. Best guess is someone took the pump cap from a H110i and put it on the original H100. Both are CoolIT OEM so it’s not surprising it fits. The ethics of selling it are another matter.

Exactly!

I am waiting for someone who can clearly tell me what Im having, or else Ill contact Corsair on Monday, I guess there are a part number somewhere witch tells what it is.

A picture of the power connectors might help confirm. I was about to suggest it was a h100i with the GT pump cap, but the lack of a usb mini would be contrary to that premise. No SATA power cable, right? I was still using custom parts at the H100 time and it is not as recognizable to me.

I have been in contact with Corsair, and it turns out, that it is a H100.

Something called a "system integrator model" - The supporter told me that the store should not that they are not supposed to be sold separately.

Well case closed - But thanks a lot for the help and support! <3

I have seen these units before, some online stores would do this from time to time.

Where did you buy it? if you dont mind me asking

Yeah, I feel cheated - This is.. Was unfortunately my favorite hardware store :(:

But I contact them tomorrow, and hope they take it back :sigh!:

It has been bought at http://www.mm-vision.dk