Corsair Community

Corsair Link / LED Strip Issue

Bradums

I like keeping all my stuff Corsair-specific, so everything flows and utilizes the same customization options (CUE, Link). VOID Pro, MM100, keyboard, mouse, ST100, case, fans, etc. I recently bought a set of ML120 fans and set them up with the Node PRO, and they work like a charm.

Ditched my off-branch LED strips and forked over money for the Corsair LED strips with Node PRO. To my frustration, they don't work no matter what I do. To clarify: I connected the USB plug to an open USB port on the motherboard and plugged in the Node, connected to SATA power, and lined the case with the four strips included, connecting them to Port 1 on the Node. Powered on my PC, no light from strips, but figured they might not have a default setting and needed to be configured first. Opened Link, it recognizes the second Node PRO, so I set it for LED Strip and configure four sections, hit Apply...nada. No matter how I try to configure the strips, physically or in Link, no light.

Tried troubleshooting by: A. Connecting to the existing Node PRO (fans still function fine, strips still don't); B. Disconnected everything but the strips to see if it was an issue with overload; C. Switched ports across all Node ports, none worked; D. Updated Link firmware to 4.9.4.28, updated new Node to 0.5.104 (Bootloader 2.0). The only constant in all my reconfiguring the setup is that everything else works everywhere, but the strips don't function in any configuration or quantity connected. Seems unlikely I got four bad LED strips, so I'm hoping it's something stupid I'm missing and not thinking of. I'm not exactly an expert, but given that the steps are essentially "Plug everything in", I'm hoping someone else might be able to point out whatever dumb thing I'm missing or offer suggestions.

Honestly, I'm trying to avoid RMA'ing or reordering unless I have to. Like I said, I'm hoping it's just some dumb "Ah-ha!" thing that I'm not thinking of. Not saying it's not possible, but the chance of getting four defective strips seems like it should be extremely unlikely.

The kits are out of stock at the moment on Amazon save for some dealers selling them for $120+. And I don't want to eat shipping to and from Corsair directly if I can avoid it. Not trying to be a pain or cheap, just trying to cover my bases before I send it back or incur any added expenses. I'd feel like even more of a dummy if it's something simple and I eat another ~$20 and turn a $60 strip kit into an $80 one.

I'm not done screwing around to try to figure it out, but if anyone has any advice in the meantime, it would be much appreciated.

It could be a single strip (they run in serial) or it could be a wire.

You didn't mention if you tried rearranging the strips. How about changing out any of the extension wires? Did you plug the strips, one at a time, directly into the LNP, without an extension?

I did, yeah. Tried one strip, tried a couple, rearranged to see if one of the strips was bad and causing the run to fail, etc. Tried different extensions to see if that was it, too. Also checked to see if there was damage on any of the strips or wires, and nothing visible.

:confused:

I'm with you ... four bad strips does seem unlikely. Like ... winning the Powerball jackpot twice unlikely. But I can't think of anything else.

Can you post some pics of the connections? Link configuration? I'm reaching for straws here but perhaps something will pop up. And perhaps the Corsair folks will have some ideas.

I'd also go ahead and open a support ticket ... at least get the ball rolling on RMA.