Corsair Community

Ram R/W test failed error

Sunnyside

• Corsair Employees

Can you tell me the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266.

If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333

If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

Can you tell me the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266.

If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333

If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

CPU is Intel P4 2.0 GHz Northwood with 400 MHz Frontside Bus

Bios for CPU is not available

DDR Ref Voltage is set to AUTO

DRam Freq. is set to Auto with other option at 266 mhz

Configure DRam Timing by SPD is Enabled

When set to disabled then

DRam CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks

RAS# Precharge 3 clocks

RAS# to CAS3 Delay 3 clocks

Precharge Delay 8 clocks

Burst length 8 clocks

I assume that I have the wrong ram stick for the processor and need to replace with ddr 266. I also assumed that the stick would step down to processor speed. Still learning. Thanks for the help.

• Corsair Employees

Maybe so, please try and set these timings manually and then test the system with http://www.memtest,org to be sure.

DDR Ref Voltage is set to: 2.7X Volts

DRam Freq. is set to: 266 mhz

Configure DRam Timing by SPD is Disabled

When set to disabled then

DRam CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks

RAS# Precharge 3 clocks

RAS# to CAS3 Delay 3 clocks

Precharge Delay 8 clocks

Burst length 8 clocks

Archived