Corsair Community

H100i v2 0 rpm cpu fan,0 rpm pump fan,not shown in device manager

Andreimucenic

So i just bought a h100i v2 extreme performance cooler With a i7 7700k

And a z270 pc mate 1151socket mobo .my cpu is getting from 60 to 100 degrees in idle with 0 rpm to cpu fan and pump fan.it does not appear in the corsair link and not even in device manager...please help!

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

The CPU most certainly does not run at 7.2v; you'd have a charred mound of silicon where your CPU used to be if you did that. And CPU voltage is not related to this at all.

You *can* set the CPU Fan header to 100%. You may need to go to the Advanced view in the BIOS ... but, in Hardware Monitor, you can absolutely do that. From what I can see on the screen shots, your best bet is to manually set the fan to PWM mode and then to 100% across the board. I'm not certain but unchecking "Smart Fan Mode" might also do the trick (I think that's comparable to disabling Q-Fan control on the Asus motherboards).

hardwardScreen_01.png

I did this,but as i said just sys fan 4 is working.i set the cpu fan to 100% but it doesnt work.The thing is that in bios in advanced menu there is a tool where you can watch your usb’s plugged in,and it says that cpu fan is not connected neither the pump or usb header

Has nothing to do with drivers.

What fan header is it plugged in to???

And yes, put all of the dots on 100%. Disabling Smart Fan mode may work but I don't have an MSI board to verify. But putting all of the dots on 100% will. And set to PWM mode while you are there.

The fan header that the pump is connected to needs to be set to 100%.

This has no relation to the speed of the fans attached to the cooler. Instead, it ensures that the cooler is getting the full 12V that it needs for proper operation.

If installed as per the installation guide, this will be the CPU_FAN header. However, if you put this on another header, just make sure that the header is set to 100%.

If your header is set to 100% and you are seeing these kinds of temperatures, then your pump isn't pumping. It could blockage, it could be a fault in the pump. Are the fans that are connected to the pump running?

Ye the fans are working,tho coild it be from the thermal paste?somebody applied it for me but when he applied it he didn t let the paste there he put it like the butter on the bread,you know what i mean ,on youtube says that this is not good and i should reapply that ,but cand the thermal paste do so much worries?

Like butter on bread?

A small dab will do you.

But ... you can check the mounting, make sure that its tight and snug against the CPU. Remove the mount and make sure the standoffs are tight.

But it shouldn't make that much of a difference ... a few degrees, maybe even 10 ... but not to the point where you are overheating.

There might be one question,so just the sys 4 fan was working,my h100i v2 was mounted on the top of the case,and my sys 4 fan is right underneath it,i should plug the cable that comes from the h100i v2 into the cpu fan heather or that one from the cooler underneath my h100i v2 coolers?

What do you mean that "just sys fan 4 is working"? Do none of your fan headers work? If that's the case, you need to get the motherboard replaced.

You keep saying that but, honestly, it makes no sense at all. Fan headers rarely go out.

And you really should install on the CPU_FAN header, as specified in the installation instructions. This will provide a fan RPM signal to the motherboard when the pump is operating, preventing a CPU Fan error on boot. If the pump isn't operating at all, you'll get the CPU Fan error, which is a good thing. And set that header to 100%/Full Power, as discussed, which will supply the full 12V DC power to the pump, which it needs for proper operation.

Also, this just occurred to me ... that cooler comes with TIM pre-applied. Was that properly cleaned off? With 90+% isopropyl alcohol or something like Arctic Clean?

The fans of the cooler works and the sys 4 fan aswell but idk why the cpu fan is a t 0 rpm,anyway somebody mount it up for me ,don t know of it was properly cleaned ,anyway i cleaned it now with isopropyl,and i will reapply the thermal paste as soon as it gets back,i will plug everything with patience and i will kep you up.