Corsair Community

CUE not working properly for my new scimitar pro

zdw36175

Hey guys, I just switched to Scimitar Pro RGB and tried the profile setting mainly for the side buttons. Funny thing is that every time I reboot my PC or simply restart the CUE, the actions I just set up do not work at all for the side buttons until I launch the CUE and click each item of actions I just set up for ONCE. This seems very weird and to the best of my knowledge no one has experienced such situation so I'm writing to ask you guys what could possibly be wrong, whether the mouse itself or some permission setting of my system. Thank you very much.

Toasted's suggestions are good to try first, but it could also be a NTFS directory under the users folder that your current account does not have access to.

Sometimes even with admin elevation, if the computer does not have the right credentials to get to that folder, you can still have problems. I've had that happen sometimes when i would migrate windows installs or even just the drive without "starting over" with a full format or similar.

Under the security tab under properties, you may be able to reset the permissions in this directory for example:

C:\Users\yourprofilename\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

right click and hit properties, then hit the security tab towards the middle probably and confirm the group or user name at the top has SYSTEM, the local administrator and your active user account all with checks in the allow side. Special permissions remains unchecked.

Do you see one or more weird looking accounts there? They may indicate a migrated NTFS drive in my experience.

Also, there's no chance you are somehow booting into a rolled back os right? like system restore in the event your os didnt boot?