Corsair Community

random CUE - not responding errors

bowen

every day :mad: i get on the computer i count the time to the next " cue is not responding " error. so i can force shut down this program and restart it.

this will happen anywhere from 4 to 10 times before i give up and leave cue off and use the keyboard with cue not running.

it just repeatedly crashes cue. this is getting as you can imagine frustrating as all get out. need suggestions before i send this keyboard back for a refund.

love the build quality but have the repeated crashes of cue side note: this has happened while just checking email or surfing the web, and or just playing Diablo3.

also i had an issue of the default profiles disappearing and it would reload or install them every time i turned on the computer. also i did the hold escape key for 15-20

seconds after reinserting the power cables as instructed by cust support, which dare i say fix the loss of the 3 defaults every time i powered up my computer.

could use some help. before i return this and get another keyboard from a diff maker that this replaced

stats:

Windows 10 home

build 16299.125

version 1709

cue ver 2.21.67 and the previous 2 build releases and the version that shipped with it.

im not sure what im looking for but here are some samples of what i found in event viewer under applications. most say something very close to the following: also there are more than one version (mentioned) as i have had this issue with the shipped version and 2 released versions of CUE..

The program CUE.exe version 2.21.67.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel. {nothing found there}

Process ID: aec

Start Time: 01d37f32795b185b

Termination Time: 4

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe

Report Id: a4a614dc-c8b9-4bb3-a367-249e419736b9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

or

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Hang

Date: 12/27/2017 10:48:37 AM

Event ID: 1002

Task Category: (101)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Living-Room-Home-Alpha

Description:

The program CUE.exe version 2.21.67.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: aec

Start Time: 01d37f32795b185b

Termination Time: 4

Report Id: a4a614dc-c8b9-4bb3-a367-249e419736b9

Faulting package-relative application ID:

or

Fault bucket 1236408109244850397, type 5

Event Name: AppHangB1

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: CUE.exe

or a lot of

The following application was terminated because it was hung: CUE.exe.

or

The program CUE.exe version 2.20.72.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 318c

Start Time: 01d37cad8acabf32

Termination Time: 91

Report Id: 0a80ca57-3182-4b55-95e5-fe3047e07dc7

nothing found in security and maint.

is this what you are looking for?

i have downloaded and installed that version after i uninstalled cue completely, (im sure i installed that version before i have used 4 differnt versions)

2.16.87 2.19.65 2.20.72 and 2.21.67, also the version that shipped with it

when i installed the version you suggested, the interfaces was different slightly this time though, ie the way

macros are made. some options were gone. i updated to the "current" version 2.21.67 after that one and those options to delete items that

were not installed were still gone. even a few options while making a macro to simulate a constane key press was gone, it seemed like other options or 2 were gone.

even the option to view profiles before dnloading them isnt there, and nothing lights up in the "advanced" profile setting like before. i really like the craftsmanship and

quality of this keyboard. but the support is sub par, this is the first time in like 20- years that i was shipped an item w/o out documentation or even a link to

documentation somewhere if the darn box. im sure its getting very close to the return deadline, i fear i may have to take advantage of it. you would think

that corsair would have some kind of quality in and with its support that doesnt rely on the generosity of it educated customers i really appreciate the

responses you have given. also it seems that the profiles that you could down load are now not compatible in the advanced mode like before and im sure

i remember the option to view the profiles reg or advanced before you downloaded them.

its just seems that when corsair releases a new version of the software its not removing the old version completely and mixing them together and bugging its self.

any other suggestions would be helpfull something like delete registry entries and clean install again??

It's hard to say what could be the issue as it could be anything causing CUE to crash. Have you tried the USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard as well?

You could upload the latest log from CUE and see whether that hints any cause to the crash as well. Global Settings > Export or %localappdata%\Corsair\CUE\logs.

Have you put in a support ticket with Corsair as well? If not, i'd suggest you try and see whether they can help as well.

https://support.corsair.com/