Corsair Community

New fans not working

Porogamis

Hello, just recently got a new case (570x) and installed 6 LL RGB Fans as well as 4 light strips using a commander pro. Everything is working except half of the fans rgb. If you can see in the picture the top of one fan isn't lit and then the other three fans that are after this fan don't light up at all.

Any ideas?

MVIMG_20171227_211417.thumb.jpg.48bf447634e92fa3744134b0e6895c35.jpg

IMG_20171227_212017.thumb.jpg.d05fe2deb12e6d19b81993783d762094.jpg

First, make sure that all six are listed in Link.

From there, try rearranging the fans on the hub. The fans are "like Christmas lights"; they run in series. If one is bad, it'll take the rest of them down with it.

So ... either the first unlit fan is possibly bad or the last lit fan is possibly bad.

First, make sure that all six are listed in Link.

From there, try rearranging the fans on the hub. The fans are "like Christmas lights"; they run in series. If one is bad, it'll take the rest of them down with it.

So ... either the first unlit fan is possibly bad or the last lit fan is possibly bad.

I unplugged the 3rd fan (top fan that isn't lit on the top) and moved the other 3 up and they worked. So it's a bad fan I guess.

I unplugged the 3rd fan (top fan that isn't lit on the top) and moved the other 3 up and they worked. So it's a bad fan I guess.

Yup, it would seem so. Start with the support ticket system and create a ticket for an RMA. I've not had to do it but from what I understand they will replace the single fan (if you got it in the kit).

Archived