Corsair Community

H100i V2 + Threadripper + MSI X399 = Nope

Selvarin

Got the H100i V2 with the support kit for AM4, purchased it along with a Threadripper and an MSI X399 Carbon motherboard. After taking my time and reading about how this could be set up I go to do just that and find that, because of the sleeves, two of them cannot be set into that. Also, the more I look at the water block the more it makes less sense in how the metal bracket is supposed to come off in order to even replace the bracket on the block. It looks like I *could* remove some screws on the block itself but I'm afraid that will not have the desired effect and could in fact compromise the integrity of the system. I put too much into this system to risk that.

Just wondering if you've gotten this resolved yet.

I took my H100i v2 off today and tried to see how the mounting plate was removed. First, it's not a simple twist off ... the blog seems to indicate that you just "rotate to remove" and that's not entirely accurate. If you are holding the mounting bracket with the copper cold plate facing up, you need to push it down a bit and then rotate to unlock the bracket. It took me a few tries to figure this out but this is what unlocks the mounting bracket from the unit.

From there, installing the Threadripper mount should be a breeze. You'll do the same in reverse.

• 8 months later...
you simply hold the pump in one hand and grab the thin metal bracket that extends to the mounting holes and twist it i have both h100i v2 and the gtx version and they both work the same .. ( the gtx is the older version which became the h1ooi v2....) if its never been taken off it can be a little tight but i promise it comes off.. if your still having trouble the support page has instructions as well as alot of youtube videos showing you that it twists right off without removing any screws :) hope this helps

Archived