Corsair Community

Corsair 570x + H100i v2 - Airflow + LL's

zv3rA

Hello everyone,

First of all happy holidays and happy holidays to everyone.

So I'm in a huge dilemma what to do and how to do it. Just to let you know I'm newber here.

I'm currently using Corsair 570x with Corsair H100i v2 with the stock fans.

I have a plan to switch to LL fans. And here is a picture how i see the new fans.

gbdVaG40RyeuFN0Ffn-LNg.png

I'm going to use 2 of the 3 fans that come with the case or the two fan that come with h100i v2. Probably the SP120L's are better since they are PWM's. Of course in the near future I'll change them - maybe with HD fans or whatever fan I need to put there.

Currently my radiator with the 2 SP120L's is on the top of the case.

NL7pfpKlSXy_85EnnuWopg.png

I don't have exhaust fan, right now.

I connected the h100i v2 to AIO_PUMP , the SP120L's to the pump. 3x case fans I connected it to CPU_FAN ; CPU_OPT and CHA_FAN.

So when I buy 6x LL's + CommanderPro how am I going to connect them + two more fans?

2 of LL's connected to the pump and H100i v2 to CPU_FAN

And the other 6 fans (4 LL's and 2 SP120L's or the one that come's with the case) to CPro?

Or should I connect the H100i v2 to AIO_PUMP ; SP120L's to the pump and the other 6 LL's to CPro? Then what should I put to CPU_FAN?

Corsair support tells me: "connect the AIO to CPU_FAN".

Asus support tells me: "connect the AIO to AIO_PUMP"

As I said I'm newber here and I'm really confused what to do, how to do. So a little bit help will be appreciated.

Also will be there a problem with LL's, since I realize that they have ring only on the "front" side. If I'm correct they can be on the front of the case (3x) and the other can be on top and back as exhaust like that:

maxresdefault.jpg

In case you need my configuration here it is:

MB: Asus Rog Strix Z370-E

CPU: i7-8700k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8 3000MHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: Corsair HX750i

Case: Corsair 570x

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

Ohh another thing - I can't make push/pull on the top of the case since the fan is touching the RAM. ->

ikdN_II4Q2qrIV8gBSCPkA.png

I think your proposed diagram is a really good option.

Some comments - LLs on the radiator should be connected to the radiator; the radiator then connected to the CPU Fan Header. Put the CPU fan header at 100%/Full Power (on the Asus, disable Q-Fan control for the CPU Fan header). That'll give you a warning if your pump is dead/0 RPM, which is a good thing.

The rest, including the SPs, connected to the CoPro. Have one of your CoPro sensors right behind the radiator (between the rad and the SP fans), measuring the temperature of the radiator exhaust. Control the speed of the SP fans based on the radiator exhaust temp ... warmer is faster.

It will be gorgeous and you should have good airflow. Be prepared to tweek a couple of things and keep in mind that the radiator exhaust temperature won't be incredibly warm (mine reaches ... maybe ... 36/37C when I've been stress testing for a while) so adjust the fan curve accordingly.

@DevBiker,

Thanks again! Appreciate your help. Probably will need help in future setting that fan curve and stuff like that (hopefully not).

Well, while I was reading all the topics in the forum I was thinking that it's good idea to put two 140mm LL's on the top? Is it good, is there any problem or no?

Also I wanted to double check what to buy so I won't have extra lightning node and stuff like that.

I need 6 LL's and if there is no problem I need four 120mm LL's and two 140mm LL's.

So the cheapest way to buy them is:

* Three pack 120mm LL's

* Single pack 120mm LL

* 2x Single pack 140mm LL's

* Commander Pro

Also I want to put CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting, but on the website in Europe this package:

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit is 34.99€ and if I buy two Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit that are 11.37€ I'll have the same amount of lightning strip for 22.74€ or there is some catch here?

Loool, when I was planing my PC build i said to myself: "This case, with this fans is so good, that the only thing that I'll need is RGB strip, nothing more" and now I'm going to spent 200 euros for FANs :D

Edit: One last thing - I wanted to purchase Crystal 570X PSU Shroud Cover, but on the Corsair website it's out of stock. Tried to couple dealer stores and they don't have it, so my question is where to find it?

Edit: From what I red there a different versions of 570x case - how to know which one I have?

@DevBiker,

Thanks again! Appreciate your help. Probably will need help in future setting that fan curve and stuff like that (hopefully not).

Well, while I was reading all the topics in the forum I was thinking that it's good idea to put two 140mm LL's on the top? Is it good, is there any problem or no?

Also I wanted to double check what to buy so I won't have extra lightning node and stuff like that.

I need 6 LL's and if there is no problem I need four 120mm LL's and two 140mm LL's.

So the cheapest way to buy them is:

* Three pack 120mm LL's

* Single pack 120mm LL

* 2x Single pack 140mm LL's

* Commander Pro

Also I want to put CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting, but on the website in Europe this package:

CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit is 34.99€ and if I buy two Corsair Link RGB LED Lighting Kit that are 11.37€ I'll have the same amount of lightning strip for 22.74€ or there is some catch here?

I think the ones that are 11.37€ are the ones for the Commander Mini; they won't work. You do need the Pro and yes, all you need is the expansion kit. It looks like you've got everything straight and sorted in your selection ... and you'll have a Lighting Node Pro to spare for more RGB craziness in the future.

Loool, when I was planing my PC build i said to myself: "This case, with this fans is so good, that the only thing that I'll need is RGB strip, nothing more" and now I'm going to spent 200 euros for FANs :D

Yeah, that's how it always starts.

Edit: One last thing - I wanted to purchase Crystal 570X PSU Shroud Cover, but on the Corsair website it's out of stock. Tried to couple dealer stores and they don't have it, so my question is where to find it?

Edit: From what I red there a different versions of 570x case - how to know which one I have?

On that ... I have no idea. You might want to try the "Cases" subforum. Or maybe Zotty could pipe in.

@DevBiker,

I feel you, I'm getting 4 140 LL + 3 120 LL & Com Pro + 2 LED strip... who invented this RGB thing, deserve a good stabbing LOL :uzi::uzi::uzi:

Archived