Corsair Community

CUE crashes on WoW startup

GumbyDammit223

Currently trying to run 2.21.67. Both this version and 2.20.72 occasionally crash when I start World of Warcraft. Not every time. Just enough to be annoying. It does NOT seem to happen with 2.19.65. The last time it happened, I checked the most current log file and no entries within that timeframe. Continuing to run 2.21.67 and will be monitoring log.

I've also noticed that configuring the side buttons on my Scimitar doesn't seem to work like it should. If I open the configuration screen and want to configure, say my "12" button to be a press of the keypad "3", I go and dutifully make the appropriate selections as shown in the attached screenshot. Nothing happens. It does not change the current action of pressing the keypad "0". I have to manually enter "G12-->keypad3" in order for the action to be registered. I don't know how long this behavior has been happening, since I have not needed to edit my settings for many months now.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.49e3dbe9c871a8396ac86c1ccb447efe.jpg

Edited by GumbyDammit223
Addiitonal information

I dont know if we are on the same page, but with regards to paragraph 2 in your post, you need to manually set both the key remap name (which is arbitrary and irrelevant) and the physical radio button selection. You are saying that you cannot for some reason change the actual radio selection under the typing key remap?

You also need to click away once that is done to save.

Ok. The labels e.g. "G12 --> keypad 0" really are just labels and arbitrary and the radio buttons really control the action. Just verified that. The strange thing is that all the labels shown in my screenshot were generated by CUE when I originally set up the mapping, so I assumed the text would change whenever a different radio button was clicked. Maybe it's a set once sort of setup within CUE or maybe it really is broken?

Anyway, thanks for reminding me where the functionality really lies...now to figure out why it crashes some times with WoW...

Crashed hard this time forcing me to reboot because it was acting like the tab key was stuck and racing through every available window's buttons. No entries in the log either from what I provided above. This log activity is strange because I had restarted CUE after the above entry, went back into WoW and was playing before it crashed this last time. The only newer entry is what was generated after rebooting. Going to downgrade to 2.19.65.

Can you delete all those actions and ensure there are no hyphens or >< or other things that might throw off xml ? like only use lowercase alphanumerics in your naming? Just to test, it could be a bug in there somewhere and once the xml (cueprofiles or cuefolders etc) are misparsed, it could be a runaway. Just a thought?

You may want to export all profiles, unload the software, reboot without the devices plugged in, plug them in, download the latest software, install, reboot and log in and rather than re importing the profiles, see if you can just start wow with one keybind. Maybe expand it from there, but that should help?

I kind of already had to do most of that last night. When I went from 21 to 19 all my profiles were gone and had to re-import them. AND CUE 19 crashed on me as well. A couple days ago I had upgraded my computer's power supply to a 750W version and replaced the stock 3-year old Dell nvidia graphics card with an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. I'm beginning to suspect a problem with this new graphics card...sigh.

I kind of already had to do most of that last night. When I went from 21 to 19 all my profiles were gone and had to re-import them. AND CUE 19 crashed on me as well. A couple days ago I had upgraded my computer's power supply to a 750W version and replaced the stock 3-year old Dell nvidia graphics card with an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. I'm beginning to suspect a problem with this new graphics card...sigh.

Well, gotta tell you, i have a 1080ti as well and it is awesome...runs a bit hot but otherwise it is great... enjoy & Merry Christmas to you!

Well, nothing is ever easy. At this point in space-time it seems like I'm having problems in WoW when I'm only in one area - Halfhill. If you're not familiar with the game, it's an area where each player is phased so that they cannot see or interact with other players. This area has always been "strange" and maybe the system is reacting badly to it. It's still early in the investigation and a LOT more data needs to be gathered.

I have to admit when things are working, this card is amazing! I have the graphics detail cranked up to Ultra and granted, I only have a single monitor 1920x1080 monitor, but man, I'm seeing ****** I never knew existed! I hope the card isn't the issue, because I can tell I'll be going through some serious withdrawal if I have to put the original card back in and send this one back.

Have a Merry Christmas as well and Happy New Year's!

I might have found the problem...a video card setting. I had been running with Ultra video settings in WoW and the framerates I was seeing were 100-150+ fps...yet my monitor only runs at 60 Hz(fps). One of the video settings in WoW syncs the card's framerate to the monitor. After doing that, the framerate in-game is always right around 60 Hz...with no issues of CUE crashing or other weird behavior. We'll see...