Corsair Community

M65 pro rgb key binding save to mouse?

doggie558

I just got the M65 pro rgb really like the shape and build quality. It seems I can't save key remapping to the mouse. is it expected behavior? I read some threads that the old non pro version may need firmware update, is that the case with this one?

Thank you!

that's a bummer. so if I'm not playing fps game or running CUE the big button right under the thumb is useless. It's also hard to believe that a premium quality mouse lacks that ubiquitous feature. I would enjoy using it very much, but will have to return it.

Another big brand's entry level gaming mouses which are sold for 20~30 all have onboard memory to store key remapping, even though they use budget parts/material that are no where as good as the corsair. There are also even cheaper ones from some generic brands have it.

I don't mind about the lighting, but key remapping is just essential. Anyway if corsair adds it to this mouse, I won't hesitate to buy it again.

On board memory for complex RGB lighting patterns or re-programmable function keys is not a standard or common feature. You can find mice that have them, but not many that will work without software support.

Another big brand's entry level gaming mouses which are sold for 20~30 all have onboard memory to store key remapping, even though they use budget parts/material that are no where as good as the corsair. There are also even cheaper ones from some generic brands have it.

I don't mind about the lighting, but key remapping is just essential. Anyway if corsair adds it to this mouse, I won't hesitate to buy it again.

Read up carefully. Not going to see a 20-30 mouse with on board memory storage for mapping that still works without the software running. Your complaint is the extra button that other mice don't have can't be re-tasked without the software running. I am not sure why using the CUE software is an obstacle, but it's going to be hard to find a mouse that isn't restricted in this same way and has all the normal qualities people prefer in a mouse.

Edited by c-attack