Corsair Community

Corsair HD140 Help

Xijek

Hi!

Kinda new to this RBG LEG thing. I bought a Corsair HD140 today but it seems for the life of me I cant get the RBG Led to turn on the fan.

I have a Corsair Crystal 570x with the fan hub and the push-button controller that came pre-installed with the case.

Thanks in advance :>

Did you buy a single HD140 fan? If so, that's the issue; you need to have the RGB Fan Controller and the push-button controller for the HD fans, at the very least, or a lighting node pro for more configurability.

The single packs don't come with this and are meant as an extension to the multipacks that do come with the controller.

As I understand it, the Corsair Crystal 570x comes with the SP RGB fans and you can't mix different types of RGB fans on the same hub. If you had another SP RGB fan, you could hook it to the existing RGB Fan Controller hub in the case.

Thanks for the help guys.

Well that sucks then... I was looking forward to thins thing and now it just looks like a normal fan lol.

But I also don't feel like paying 50 just for a controller... dunno what to do.

Cheers!

You don't need a $50 controller. You need the standard lighting hub and HD Lighting controller. Both of those come in the HD140 twin pack, which generally sells for a just a few more dollars than two HD 140 singles.

Are you trying to use just one? It is generally difficult to mix and match the different LED fans types. Furthermore, this really isn't something you get into for one fan. If you are looking for simple color options, adding more SP120-RGB fans would be the better way to round out the case. No further hubs or controllers needed.