Corsair Community

Commader Pro only lighting 1 fan in port 1

Jayskeezy57

Hello everyone. First of all I apologize that this has been asked multiple times, but all the posts that I have looked at hasnt fixed my issue. Very new to building PCs. I just built my 1st one and im very excited. The last thing I need to do is hook up the RGB. For some reason, only one fan will light up if its in the 1st slot of the LED hub. I've tried everything and still cant seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated as I have run out of options and its starting to get frustrating. Thank you for your time.

OK.

First, some questions.

What fans are you using? You mention the Commander Pro ... is the RGB Lighting hub connected to the CoPro?

Have you installed and configured Link to recognize the fans? Can you pose a screenshot of your setup in Link?

I have 4 HD120s and 2 HD140s for cooler. the Lighting hub is connected to port 1 LED of the CoPro. I have installed link and updated the Copro. I will post screen shot in a second.

Untitled.thumb.png.d55f1d08636c69d3acffcb58f93a1288.png

Do you have an LED strip connected as well? Does this work?

What happens if you switch the ports?

Also, have you tried re-arranging the fans on the RGB Fan Hub?

LED strip works in port 2. Switched the ports, still the same thing. Only one fan works. How should I re arrange the fans in the RGB hub? IE if port one works, move them all around until I get port 2 working and then just keep working down the line?

Take Fan 1 and put it at the end, move all of them up.

1 bad fan can take down the rest of the chain. So it's like finding a bad bulb in a string of Christmas lights.

So what I did was put one in port 1. Then placed each one in port 2 to see if that worked. Nothing worked in port 2. So I took out the one in port one and then replaced it with another one and tried to do the same thing. All configurations did not light up if it wasnt in port 1.

Did you place all of the fans in port 1 and then different ones in port 2?

It's beginning to sound like you may have a flaky LNP. I'd open a support ticket ...

OK so i have 2 LED hubs because I bought 2 3 packs of HD120. I have 2 extra fans still in the box. I placed both the ones from the box into port 1 and in port 2 and they both worked. I then connected the new fan from the box to port 3 and put each fan that is actually in my case to see if it caused a problem with the new one in port 2. Sometimes I wouldnt get anything, other times id get only 1 led from the fan on, or it would be a color that I couldnt program. Im very confused right now.

OK. So we know that you have 2 good fans. That's good.

Keep the 2 good ones on the fan hub and alternate what goes into 3. If it's good (and all LEDs light up) then move on to 4.

We want to narrow down which fans are bad. You'll still a support ticket - or exchange at the retailer - but let's see if we can minimize the exchange.

OK. So we know that you have 2 good fans. That's good.

Keep the 2 good ones on the fan hub and alternate what goes into 3. If it's good (and all LEDs light up) then move on to 4.

We want to narrow down which fans are bad. You'll still a support ticket - or exchange at the retailer - but let's see if we can minimize the exchange.

So with the fans out of the box, I can only get 1 more working in port 3. Nothing in port 4.

Does this mean ALL 6 fans I bought brand new are broken?

No ... you said that at least 2 of them worked.

So I suggested that you keep the 2 that work plugged in and then start putting different fans into the 3rd port. When you find one that works, move on to the 4th port.

Question: you are powering this with a direct SATA connection, correct? No Molex-to-SATA adapters?

No ... you said that at least 2 of them worked.

So I suggested that you keep the 2 that work plugged in and then start putting different fans into the 3rd port. When you find one that works, move on to the 4th port.

Question: you are powering this with a direct SATA connection, correct? No Molex-to-SATA adapters?

the 2 that works are the ones right out of the box. As in, the extra ones I still had. Both of those are in ports 1 and 2. I can add one of the fans from my case into port 3 and it works fine. Nothing works in port 4.

It sounds like you have 3 good fans and 3 bad fans.

The thing is ... each fan has a data in and a data out line. The data out line is connected to the data in line of the next fan in the series. If this line is out ... none of the rest of the fans work. And that's what it sounds like is happening here.

It sounds like you have 3 good fans and 3 bad fans.

The thing is ... each fan has a data in and a data out line. The data out line is connected to the data in line of the next fan in the series. If this line is out ... none of the rest of the fans work. And that's what it sounds like is happening here.

ugh. ok well thanks for the help!