Corsair Community

Problem with H80i V2

BigSuccessTuna

Computer has been fine since I got it for like 6 or 7 months?

I turned it on a few days ago and the H80i V2 fan was really loud, like as if it was running 100%? Computer went to CPU fan error.

After messing around, disabling the fan monitor and getting onto windows, I noticed on the device manager the H80i v2 is missing? It was there before I am pretty sure.

The fan was still on 100%, I tried making sure it was properly connected to the motherboard all round, no problems as far as I'm aware of.

Corsair LINK also shows the fan at 0rpm, 0rpm pump and 0 temperature?

After uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers that I could find, it now gets past the CPU fan error, but the fan constantly goes from top speed to completely silent, and I keep hearing that windows device disconnect sound every few seconds, this also keeps refreshing the device manager list.

From what I can tell, my computer refuses to believe it as a device, and the H80i v2 is struggling to function properly

Any help on this!?!?!?!?!?

The header is the 3/4 pin posts where you plugged in the H80i connector. On Asus, this would be CPU Fan, OPT, or a CHA (chassis) fan header. It can be used on most of these, but you need to set the Q-fan or Advanced BIOS controls to disabled/Full Speed/100% so it it delivers a 12v supply to cooler at all times.

However, I fear this is not going to be the root problem. The vanishing and boot error combined with what appears to be a non-functioning pump normally indicates an electrical failure of some type in the pump. If you can get to the desktop, go straight to Corsair Link and look at the H80i Temp. This is the coolant temperature. It should read about 7C above room temperature. If it is above 50C and still climbing, turn the PC off. That is the classic sign of a failed pump.

If so, you can start the RMA process by selecting the Support Ticket System link at the top of this page.

That "3 hole plug on the 4 pin socket" is the fan connection on the header ... the socket that it's connected to will be the header.

If it's installed according to the instructions, this will be the CPU FAN header. You can look in your manual to and match the header that its on. If it's not on the CPU_FAN header, put it on there.

Once you're sure that it's on the CPU Fan header, you should go to the BIOS. From there, go to Advanced Mode ... Monitor ... Q-Fan Configuration. Disable Q-Fan control. This doesn't disable the header but disables any fan control (such as reducing the voltage). Save and exit. Reboot.

It should look like this when you are done:

y4mHX4VRP0zuuGlLEWtWabL4TVXBHu1sk0m5MHSY0Z_JZnaCB8iry9ghE_mnUnBK5zibHb9f1xqkRKAQtq4rqhfDE5M0l_tJXBJbG4wwwzlOI2-TeD_0l3QR4jxnwL5qr-fJYKlrUI7wafDiaIUo3YADGHU78km92v4QJbX9LPqB8wx4skkjTPSS_CLmEXcR8uADXweR1uL9_DrrfqB4YYFtw?width=1000&height=563&cropmode=none

Thanks for the replies,

I've disabled the Q-fan control but it still persists on having a really loud/inconsistent fan

I would imagine it's a failed pump since the Q-fan control was on since I built it, and disabling it now will probably not cure it. On the Corsair LINK the pump reads 0 on all stats, think I'll have to buy a new one :[pouts: