Corsair Community

Corsair HD120+ Lighting Node PRO + Commander Pro?

tincho004

Hi I'm thinking about buying the lighting node pro kit, corsair commander pro and HD120 fan kit. Can you tell me if I need to buy the 3 to synchronize the fans with the LED strips? I would also like to know if everything I want to buy is compatible with asus aurasync and LINK.

Thanks

None of the Corsair RGB products are compatible with AuraSync.

Now ... for your setup.

The Commander Pro has all of the functionality of the Lighting Node Pro but doesn't come with the strips. IF you are using no more than 4 strips, you can get the RGB LED strip expansion pack that just has the strips without the Lighting Node Pro. The strips can connect right to the CoPro.

The HD Fan multi-pack will come with an RGB Fan Controller Hub and a push-button controller. You won't need the push-button controller; the Fan Controller Hub will connect to the CoPro.

That will allow you to control (and synch) the fans and the strips from Link.

Here's a diagram:

Drawing931144.png?psid=1

None of the Corsair RGB products are compatible with AuraSync.

Now ... for your setup.

The Commander Pro has all of the functionality of the Lighting Node Pro but doesn't come with the strips. IF you are using no more than 4 strips, you can get the RGB LED strip expansion pack that just has the strips without the Lighting Node Pro. The strips can connect right to the CoPro.

The HD Fan multi-pack will come with an RGB Fan Controller Hub and a push-button controller. You won't need the push-button controller; the Fan Controller Hub will connect to the CoPro.

That will allow you to control (and synch) the fans and the strips from Link.

Here's a diagram:

Drawing931144.png?psid=1

so should i buy the commander? the question i've got left is if i buy only the node pro and the HD120 fans they will work coordinated.

about the HD120 fans they cant be connected directly to the MB to be controlled by it?

If you get the Lighting Node Pro and the fans, yes, you will be able to coordinate them.

You don't need the Commander Pro for what you are proposing. You can control the fans from your motherboard headers and you have a few of them. The CoPro also provides internal USB headers ... that's certainly a consideration for some of the Asus boards as they seem to have gotten stingy with them.

Keep in mind that the "AIO" header on that board is just a 4-pin PWM header that had Q-Fan control off by default. You can turn it on and control it just like any fan.

As above. However, one additional consideration for the Commander Pro is it would allow to ditch AI Suite but still retain desktop software fan control through Corsair Link. Running AI Suite and Link at the same time can cause issues. While I don't love everything about Link, but it is a much better monitoring tool for general system health than AI Suite, plus you need either it or a Lighting Node Pro for the fans. If you have a Corsair "i" cooler that works with Link, that is another stone cast in favor of using Link for total fan control.