Corsair Community

H100i v1 not cooling properly

Spikemaul

Hey everyone, I have an older H100i that i think has a pump issue as my CPU temps have spiked in the past few days. Idle around 55-65 and load hitting 100+......this in on a 4.5ghz overclock on the 3570K. I thought this could be due to dust buildup on the rad as I have it installed in a Corsair 600T so I need to run the fans above the rad pulling air through the rad. Today i cleaned the entire system and re applied thermal paste only to get slightly better temps. The new Corsair Link 4 shows that the pump is running at 2300ish RPM's but I do feel slight vibrations in the hoses to the rad from the pump. Could the loop be all gunked up even though it's a sealed AIO? There's no way to RMA this as I have long thrown away the original receipt and would you recommend the newer H100i v2 as there is clearance issues within my case? Thanks in advance.

Peace!!

Yeah, it does sound like pump issue or some kind of blockage, especially if it just started.

That one's SATA powered, right? So no chance of the common "not enough power" issue.

As for the H100i V2, I have 2 of them ... so it's safe to say that I like them quite a bit. I do, however, have the ML fans on them; makes a huge difference in the noise level ... the stock fans get loud when they get crankin'. The only caveat is to make sure that you set the fan header that it's connected to to full speed/100%. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168801.