Corsair Community

CUE 2.20.72 causing huge Windows 10 instability

Kurakkon

I've been having issues with CUE and my VOID RGB headset where, when CUE is installed, it results in excessive static/scratching. I think its because CUE sets the sample rate too low (which then can't be changed) but the thread where I've posted seems dead.

So, in the meantime, I've been installing CUE again to have more of a look around and troubleshoot. Problem is, it's causing Windows 10 to go crazy.

Occasionally, when I open CUE and then close it, Windows goes very, very laggy in response to commands. Left click on the Windows 10 Home button takes minutes to resolve. Right click is instant yet resultant left click selections are not.

It has all the hallmarks of somehow being related to my mouse buttons, which is a Corsair M65 RGB managed by CUE.

The only way to resolve this is to restart Windows. Closing CUE down doesn't appear to resolve anything though getting Task Manager up to check its actually gone seems impossible.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience? At first I thought I had a faulty M.2 (as my OS drive) but various scans and checks all come back fine. I then suspected my RAM could be faulty but again have gone through several checks, in and out of the OS, all of which threw back zero errors.

I did note one post that said CUE wasn't working well with higher clocked RAM and certain BIOS revisions but I'm running mine at the stock 2600 speed. Its not overclocked.

Any thoughts?

Well, IMO if the release is not announced on the sticky section then you are dealing with an alpha (since even the sticky releases seem to be betas at best).

I have both a void RGB (wired) and an M65 RGB and everything is working fine with CUE 2.18.81.

Have you installed the chipset drivers and/or bios updates from your specific mobo maker?

Have you tried disabling USB 3 in the bios to see if it makes any difference?

Not sure what you mean, I grabbed this version from their site. It didn't say its a pre-release version.

Am I running some Beta version or something?

Chipset all updated, as is the BIOS. Brand new build, literally put together last week.

I haven't messed around with the USB controllers because I use them all for VR. I have, however, used the dongle in a USB 2 and USB 3 controller, two for the USB 3 in fact, and its exactly the same.

I'm going to have another look at their downloads, because I wasn't aware I wasn't on a general release version.

Archived