Corsair Community

AIR 740 with front 360 rad

chris12453

Hey everyone,

I currently has an Air 740 with a Fractal Design Celcius 360 AIO mounted to the front of my Air 740. It was a bit of a stop gap cooler for my 7820x for a bit. My primary unit was an EK Predator 360. EK has been gracious enough to take my Predator and repair it with a new upgraded pump and replaced my waterblock with their latest for my troubles. The issue I am running into right now is the Predator with the fans installed, are just touching my EVGA 1080TI FTW3. Has anyone has success getting this particular cooler installed with longer GPUs? I thought my Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 would be thin enough, but I guess I was wrong.

Specs:

7820x

Aorus X299 Gaming Ultra

EVGA 1080TI FTW3

Corsair Air 740.

thanks

Yeah, I think you are a victim of the 43mm thick radiator here. I am not sure there will be too many other people with that exact 3 way combination. Changing GPUs is surely a non-starter. Going with slim 15mm fans on a 43mm thick radiator is counter productive. On my old Air 540s, you could mount the fans on the front exterior to get around this issue, but the 740 has a more flush front fascia.

This really leaves replacing the cooler as the only normal solution. You have the Fractal 360 as an alternative. A 280mm up top should also do the job. My temperatures are fairly inconsequential with a 280mm and 5930K pulling 215W at 4.5 and 4.0 on the cache. I left off getting a new case from the options, but I rather like the 740 and there will be a very small pool of similar cases that are 360mm radiator capable.