Corsair Community

Post Your EQ Settings and Headset Model

Corsair Nick

I just bought the Virtuoso Non SE. After some hours of trying to get the Headset Sound good this is what i got so far.

Im using Wireless Mode with Automatic Audio Repositioning turned off and on Stereo.

Maybe someone can improve that even more? :D:

1057411490_VirtuosoEQ.PNG.748171e08927f778e14982b49eb49135.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought the Virtuoso Non SE. After some hours of trying to get the Headset Sound good this is what i got so far.

Im using Wireless Mode with Automatic Audio Repositioning turned off and on Stereo.

This might be my favorite setting, thank you!

As others have asked, does anyone have a good recommendations for FPS & footstep audio EQ settings using the Virtuoso. I've tried several EQ settings and having a hard time detecting footsteps in Warzone!

I just updated my own Presets. Both are good but i like my 2nd more.

Feel free to try it out :biggrin:

485384363_VirtuosoEQ2.PNG.fe9fd48774d576d19db985a11235e2bf.PNG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or is it a little disappointing that the EQ settings don't have definitive values attached to them and have to rely on sight when copying others' settings? It'd be nice to be able to export the EQ settings for others to use, too. Take the guesswork out of the equation, y'know?

Currently using TechPowerUp's EQ settings which I eyeballed and think sounds great.

Edited by Artemus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So today I purchased a pair of Corsair Virtuoso RGB wireless headphones after going through a number of reviews as I needed a new headset for gaming. Previously, I used and old Razer headset until I bought a pair of Audiotechnica ATH-M50X audiophile headphones and they blew me away with their quality and clarity of sound, especially the lower tones. But I needed a headset with a mic so I go the Virtuoso and when I first set them up, I obviously wanted to check out the sound quality and my god it was terrible...

So I searched for a page with EQ settings and came across this forum.

I tried quite a few of the settings posted on here but they didn't quite hit the right tone (no pun intended) for me. So I played around with the settings for a bit, going back and forth from the ATH-50X to the Virtuoso and tried to get as near the quality and clarity as I could and I found a setting I was pretty happy with which I have attached for your use.

Hope you find it useful :)

398962549_CorsairAudioEQsetting(Music).jpg.b4409dadbfda1bac1f10ed6e6ce6c9aa.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took a look at the frequency response measurements of the HS80 from rtings.com and made this EQ with reaper VST plugins in APO Equalizer for my HS80.

spacer.png

The main complaint with the HS80 default sound is the emphasis on 120-300Hz which makes it sound a bit boomy and it overwhelms the sub-bass below 100Hz. Compensating that and adding a slight 3dB boost to the 2-5kHz area clears things up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So i noticed that the 7.1 Sorround setting was terrible on my Coirsair Void Elite compared to Stereo for some reason.. 
Fiddling a bit and i finally got a setting that works great with almost anything in my opnion.
Hardstyle, Metal, RnB, even for gaming it makes a great experience :)

122377089_Skrmbild2021-12-07095703.thumb.png.59cccfcfacaafdadd5c7b06823ba617f.png

On 2/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, Step43 said:

1057411490_VirtuosoEQ.PNG.748171e08927f778e14982b49eb49135.PNG

OMG You Are an ANGEL ❤️

Just switched my EQ to yours and the Mids and Highs aren't that aggressive for my ears anymore. I often got sensitive eardrums after some sessions. Especially with playing games, but after changing the EQ, I find them much more durable. Thanks a lot for sharing ❤️

I mostly listen to Pop, EDM and sometimes Indie Rock or Alt. Rock. So I am happy ;3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 2:11 AM, FoxYinny said:

OMG You Are an ANGEL ❤️

Just switched my EQ to yours and the Mids and Highs aren't that aggressive for my ears anymore. I often got sensitive eardrums after some sessions. Especially with playing games, but after changing the EQ, I find them much more durable. Thanks a lot for sharing ❤️

I mostly listen to Pop, EDM and sometimes Indie Rock or Alt. Rock. So I am happy ;3

No Problem have been sitting for hours trying to set it right. Also have the same problem like you thats what`s working the best for me 😄

• Like 1

corsair void elite rgb carbon.

image.png.31154e92482552756263bb61c547360f.png

• 2 weeks later...

corsair hs 70 pro gaming wireless, my best sound settings.  all games and music sound very good. This setting is also great in competitive games. nice pure force full bass everything you need. for me, give it a try

1. +7dB          2. +4 dB         3. +2dB        4. +1dB        5. 0dB        6. +1dB         7. +2dB         8. +4dB         9. +6dB         10. +11dB

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/p206x206/272213800_687713328888782_1630535822095336094_n.png?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=ipFFviVk85UAX8_9kvQ&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=03_AVJTpaP5motdeJxgbhpdvF8wxqbedZJw2G83mucSA9YJCA&oe=621E6002

• 1 month later...

I was prepared for the original sound of the headset to be flat, so I got the EQ settings from this forum before the package arrived.

But somehow I was missing something with each setting of you. Nothing against your taste, all ears are different but I missed the clatter and the crunch when smashing the enemies in Elden Ring. So I tinkered around a bit and that's how this setting came together. 

Maybe it's a pure Elden Ring setting and somewhere else it doesn't sound good, but since I don't play anything else for now anyway, I'm very happy with it :D

A big thank you to all your posts, otherwise I wouldn't have even begun to find the right settings for my ears.

image.thumb.png.af5c34a84ce6ea9434a4ea9d42c328c6.png