Corsair Community

Edge Lighting Holes

DJX

Just got my K95 and I'm wondering if this is normal:

The edge lighting has a few dark spots in it.

I have three, one right above the light button, one above the corsair logo, and one above the volume control. It's hard to show on camera but here is an example:SlMV8uz.jpg

Edited by DJX

Yup. Same places. Given we all match, it seems more likely to be a design necessity rather than manufacturing, but I have never taken it apart. I remember it bothering me a little when I first got it and I kept starring, like there was a dent in my car. Whites and blues tend to be worse and I think this is why now all my profiles use a moving light target rather than a static solid. Edited by c-attack

I had a little of that at first and actually, I just had it with this sentence but I'm chalking that up to the speed switches. This keyboard is a big change from my Logitech G15 that I've had for 10 years.

Ah right I tried speed switches to :) have returned it immediately, I was unable to type seriously with them. I have Brown ones (for typing and gaming)

I can never quite make up my mind about them. After years of brown switches, I tried a forced conversion two years ago. About every six months I feel the need to buy another brown keyboard to test myself. I think I am finally calling a halt on the experiment and going back. They start off well, but once they loosen up, it becomes too loose for me. I have tried to force a lighter touch, something I needed, but when I am tired it turns into total rubbish.

If you do, please take some pics.

I'd be interested to see inside.

There you go, a few mentions to make. The only reason i knew how to take it apart is because i am a electrician, i take things apart for a living to fix them. I couldn't go any further with the tear down without leaving some mark. The light bar is held to the aluminium chassie with double adhesive tape and 3 screws. One thing is certain, the led's are not evenly distributed across the plexiglas and because of that those dark spots appear. Also, the main board couldn't be taken out. The switches are inserted from above and then they solder the main board from below. The only way to take the MB out is to de-solder every switch. The damn thing is quite well done, nothing to complain. Something that i can't figure out are those springs, quite a few of them. They are not for ground because few of them seems to be insulated with a white pad. Idk, maybe it's for letting them know if water gets inside.

https://imgur.com/a/IW5Wf