Corsair Community

Freeze on Windows startup

xubeiga

Hey guys, everyone ok? :)

So, recently i bought a Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX RED Keyboard and i installed the Corsair Utility Engine to be able to change the keys led colors.

I really liked the program, but the thing is that since i installed it my computer has a 10-20 seconds freeze on startup, right after i enter the windows password.

I'm pretty sure it's related to the program cause it never happened before i installed it.

Does anyone have an ideia of why this is happening?

Btw, i have Windows 7

Edit: if its important: I have the program to open on windows startup cause without it my keys led won't be the way i set it up.

Edited by xubeiga

Look in your Task Manager/start-up (right click task bar) tab and see what other things are set to run on launch. (Windows 10?)

Your specifications are not listed. 10-20 seconds is a pretty long freeze and most PCs don't come out of that kind of lock up. Is this an older processor that might struggle with the crush of operation requests when the OS opens?

In the alternative, set CUE not run on start-up and then manually launch it after the dust settles. See if there is a better reaction. CUE can't load until you get to the desktop and even on a large core count processor there is a definite moment or two after the OS loads and before CUE loads. You probably cannot have the profiles load in perfect synchronicity with your ability to move the mouse at boot.

If this is persistent, uninstall CUE and then re-install it. If you have made a lot of profiles, you will want to export them to a save folder (outside of CUE) or you can copy the folder from your C: Users/(name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder to another location and then paste it back in on the reinstall.

Edited by c-attack

Look in your Task Manager/start-up (right click task bar) tab and see what other things are set to run on launch. (Windows 10?)

Your specifications are not listed. 10-20 seconds is a pretty long freeze and most PCs don't come out of that kind of lock up. Is this an older processor that might struggle with the crush of operation requests when the OS opens?

In the alternative, set CUE not run on start-up and then manually launch it after the dust settles. See if there is a better reaction. CUE can't load until you get to the desktop and even on a large core count processor there is a definite moment or two after the OS loads and before CUE loads. You probably cannot have the profiles load in perfect synchronicity with your ability to move the mouse at boot.

If this is persistent, uninstall CUE and then re-install it. If you have made a lot of profiles, you will want to export them to a save folder (outside of CUE) or you can copy the folder from your C: Users/(name)/App Data/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder to another location and then paste it back in on the reinstall.

Hey mate, thanks for the answer. My processor is a i5 4690k and i have 16 GB RAM and Windows 7.

The thing is, everytime that i open CUE i have a 10 seconds freeze on my PC. It doesnt matter if it opens automatically with windows or if i open it manually, it always has this 10 sec freeze.

But actually this isnt a problem for me anymore. It was beeing a problem cause i had to open CUE to the leds have the color i wanted, cause otherwise it would stay with a red/white color. Somehow i figured out how to save the profile on the memory device and now i don't have to open CUE anymore.

Thanks anyway for your attention.

great day! :)

everytime that i open CUE i have a 10 seconds freeze on my PC. It doesnt matter if it opens automatically with windows or if i open it manually, it always has this 10 sec freeze.

I definitely have a delay when opening CUE 2 on win 10 pro 64 ultimate on both of my systems, but there is a marked difference between the one running on an m.2 nvme drive with a i7700 and DDR4 vs the older system at home which is a 2600k running ddr3 on a (now older) sata ssd. It amounts to a difference of several seconds, I would say at least 5 seconds delta between the two systems.