Corsair Community

Bad Memory

Cream Cheese

I have a computer that I put together Spetember 2004 The Basic bits are listed below.

P4 Prescott 2.8GHz

MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS

512MB Corsair PC3200 Value Dual-Channel Kit

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB SATA

XFX Geforce FX5200

Recently my computer has been randomly crashing when I run large programs or games. It usually comesup with a blue screen telling to check my drivers. I have tried uninstalling and installing all my drivers and updating them to different ones, which hasn't worked. I have formatted my harddrive and reinstalled windows 3 times whih has not worked and I have ran the memtest program which crashed and restarted. Some programes randomly decide to close and a message says there has been an error but no explanation. Could someone tell me if there is an actual hardware problem and is it likely to be my ram. I also live in the UK so will I still be able to send my RAM back to Corsair. I have also tried swapping the 2 modules around and only using 1 of them but it still results in crashing.

1. Please wait 24 hours before bumping a thread. Expecting a post after 80 minutes is unrealistic.

2. If an RMA is approved by Ram Guy or the tech support department (via email or phone) then you would RMA them to the USA, unless your reseller can help you RMA the memory through them.

3. So both sticks, running one at a time, will crash http://www.memtest.org? I'd try them in another system.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived