Corsair Community

Assistance with RGB Setup

BajanJonesy

I'm very new to the RGB community and specifically with Corsair. I have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX TG case and want to enjoy the possibilities of an RGB lighting display. I also have the Corsair STRIFE keyboard and M65 mouse.

I want to connect 3 or 4 RGB strips and 5 140mm RGB fans and I have been researching how to set up and what additional hardware I'll need from Corsair. And then which software I'll need to link the peripherals, internal RGB parts and case together?

I am dizzy with all the YouTube info. Can anyone give me advice on achieving my goal?

Thanks in advance.:p:

OK. Let's start with a (loaded) question ...

Which RGB fans are you looking at? All 5 of one kind? Or a mix?

You have:

SP RGB: 4 hub mounted LEDs. DC (3 pin) fans. The rest are PWM (4 pin).

HD RGB: LEDs mounted around a clear frame. Light up both sides.

LL RGB: LEDs around the frame and in the hub. Really amazing effects. However, lighting is only on one side (intake).

ML RGB: 4 hub mounted LEDs. Uses Corsair's new Magnetic Levitation bearing for super quiet operation and great performance ... and long life.

So before I possibly confuse you further with the different options ... what's your plan for the fans?

OK. Let's start with a (loaded) question ...

Which RGB fans are you looking at? All 5 of one kind? Or a mix?

You have:

SP RGB: 4 hub mounted LEDs. DC (3 pin) fans. The rest are PWM (4 pin).

HD RGB: LEDs mounted around a clear frame. Light up both sides.

LL RGB: LEDs around the frame and in the hub. Really amazing effects. However, lighting is only on one side (intake).

ML RGB: 4 hub mounted LEDs. Uses Corsair's new Magnetic Levitation bearing for super quiet operation and great performance ... and long life.

So before I possibly confuse you further with the different options ... what's your plan for the fans?

All the same; LL RGB sounds good. :bigeyes:

Edited by BajanJonesy

All the same makes it simpler. Much, much simpler.

So ... you'll need a 2 pack of the LL 140 fans. This will come with a RGB Fan Hub and a Lighting Node Pro. You'll then need 3 more individuals to fill out the five.

Then you'll need the RGB Strip Expansion Pack ... you just need the strips, not the version that comes with a Lighting Node Pro.

The Fan Hub will plug in to the Lighting Node Pro. The LNP will connect to your motherboard via a USB header. The fan strips will connect to the Lighting Node Pro and then to each other.

You'll control it all with Link.

Commander Pro is optional. It won't save you anything ... you'll still need the 2 pack of the fans to get the RGB Fan Hub but it will do everything that the LNP will do as well as give you 4 temperature sensors, 2 internal USB headers and very precise control over your fan speeds as it will act as a fan hub.

All the same makes it simpler. Much, much simpler.

So ... you'll need a 2 pack of the LL 140 fans. This will come with a RGB Fan Hub and a Lighting Node Pro. You'll then need 3 more individuals to fill out the five.

Then you'll need the RGB Strip Expansion Pack ... you just need the strips, not the version that comes with a Lighting Node Pro.

The Fan Hub will plug in to the Lighting Node Pro. The LNP will connect to your motherboard via a USB header. The fan strips will connect to the Lighting Node Pro and then to each other.

You'll control it all with Link.

Commander Pro is optional. It won't save you anything ... you'll still need the 2 pack of the fans to get the RGB Fan Hub but it will do everything that the LNP will do as well as give you 4 temperature sensors, 2 internal USB headers and very precise control over your fan speeds as it will act as a fan hub.

That sounds good. Can I then get the LED RGB strips expansion pack?

Finally, can I sync the above setup with my CUE2 (STRIFE and M65)? If so, with which software?

sort of..

Link for anything inside your case...... Cue for anything else outside your case ;).

so with using those two Corsair programs along side corsair products you can sync inside/outside RGB.