Corsair Community

Where are the Compact Flash ?

mxmcat

Well, after buying a 512 M flash voyager and enjoying it (except my lost of its tiny cap), I'm looking for a 512 Mb compact Flash but it's impossible to find it. SD are available but I did not found any CF ... did someone found one ? and where ? (I'm living in France but can get it from the USA, Seattle or Boston if shops or online ...)

Thx

Well, after buying a 512 M flash voyager and enjoying it (except my lost of its tiny cap), I'm looking for a 512 Mb compact Flash but it's impossible to find it. SD are available but I did not found any CF ... did someone found one ? and where ? (I'm living in France but can get it from the USA, Seattle or Boston if shops or online ...)

Thx

I'm glad you've been enjoying the Flash Voyager ... it's been a hot seller for us! We noticed the caps were easy to lose (pre-production parts did not suffer from this ailment) Good new about the caps, we changed the design for all new shipments (did this back in December) so have fixed it for most of our users. If you would like a new cap, tell me where to send it and it's yours!

Now to your question. We've announced our Flash Memory line up; Flash Voyager, 40x SD and 40x CF but have yet to begin selling the 40x CF. There are a million great reasons for this ... but nothing matters when you want the part, right? Expect our 40x CF parts to be available worldwide at the end of February. We are working hard to get them out sooner, but we would rather under promise and over deliver. Once we have the parts, you should be able to find them in France.

Well... great news...

I will wait a little to offer my new 4 mpix camera a Corsair CF...

Good news for the cap too... I was a little desapointed because I bought it for the serious of Corsair, for the look, for the package (the necklace is very very usefull... And i collect Necklaces :biggrin: ) and for its speed... As I bought it at high price (74 € in France ... but now we can find them between 50-60€) I miss this tiny cap :D: ...

But as i was very satisfied with my Jackflash (even tested it in my coffee cup :D: ) that is beautiful, fast (very fast) and strong..., even if I lost my cap, nevertheless I bought one for my wife (tried to steal her cap but impossible :D: )...

So, I will send you a private message...

Thanks a lot

Keep on the good job

mxmcat

PS . I apologize for my bad english... :eek:

PS...

I noticed that there were somme little pins in the cap that coincide with the 4 square holes on USB socket... I did not take a look at it with my own flash so i can't tell if it was the same... but this one (my wife's one) seems to hold better...

Well, well,

Wonderfull : I got contact with people from Corsair in America and here in France. Their answers to my questions and request were very quick (answer the same day I e-mailed).

I must tell that corsair Customer's service is very very good. You seem to pay a very careful attention to your customers (even if they are "small" like me) and it should be a lesson for all companies that have tendency to do the contrary ...

I'm sure that I (and other readers here should too) will advise my friends to use Corsair products... I will keep on enjoying them myself...

Thanx a lot

keep on the good job

PM Bonnet aka mxmcat

• 2 months later...
We noticed the caps were easy to lose (pre-production parts did not suffer from this ailment) Good new about the caps, we changed the design for all new shipments (did this back in December) so have fixed it for most of our users. If you would like a new cap, tell me where to send it and it's yours!

Hi, my boyfriend and I both got the Flash Voyager 2.0 flash memory drive (512) and love them! However, he lost his cap. I looked everywhere online to buy a new one but can't find any for sale and then I found this forum. We could also really use 1 replacement cap. Please tell me what I need to do, thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a list with cameras compatible with Corsair compactflash (<2GB)?

I tried to find a review or a test on Corsair CF card, but I failed. All i could find was that the controller of the card is no less importannt that the physical support, and both of them should work properly with the camera, for faster picturing.

"Conclusion

After all the winners and losers are identified, I’d like to summarize the results of the today’s test session as a few facts:

1. The performance of a particular memory card in a particular digital camera is first of all determined by the effective interface of the camera’s reader rather than by the speed characteristics of the card itself;

2. Depending on the design of a particular digital camera, you can feel a big or small performance boost, replacing a slow card with a fast one, or may not feel it at all. There’s no way to predict this – the particular “card-camera” combination should be tested in each case. Moreover, a camera may favor certain cards that are most speedy with it, although do worse (usually slightly) than other cards on other cameras. Anyway, the tendency is clear: a fast memory card will deliver more performance than a slow one in any camera. The value of the advantage is uncertain, though.

3. Memory cards of the same series from the same manufacturer may also show different performance in cameras, notwithstanding similar design. You shouldn’t go far for examples: take a look at the results dispersion of the Platinum series cards from Pretec or at the “ordinary” Apacer 512MB and 1GB;

4. A card’s belonging to a special “speedy” series doesn’t warrant its higher performance in comparison to an “ordinary” product (but nearly always means a higher price). For example, the Apacer PhotoSteno Pro 512MB turned to be slower than the ordinary Apacer 512MB model (well, the latter card was the absolute winner in my tests, outperforming all other cards – “normal” and “special” alike);

5. The performance of a memory card in a card-reader also varies according to the reader model. There’s no regularity – some flash cards will be faster on this reader, others on another reader. I can’t also claim that universal readers work slower than specialized ones or that FireWire is better than USB 2.0 – it’s not so, at least with some cards;

6. If you’re shopping for a memory card basing on the results of a test, there arises the identification problem, since the manufacturers can change the internals of a product without showing it in the device’s price or appearance. Such changes are often brought in due to marketing reasons. And of course the performance of two cards from different batches may vary dramatically;

7. In order to make sure that you are buying a card from the same series as the one used in the tests, you can compare their edge stamps or serial numbers. However, as I already mentioned above, it is more practical and easy to test the card in your own camera before making a purchase."

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/display/16-cflash-roundup_12.html

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

• Corsair Employees
If you have a missing or damaged part for one of our products or are missing a cable for your PSU, lost the Cap for your Flash Voyager drive, or have a damaged or failing fan on one of our H series coolers for example: Please go to Submit a RMA request and fill out the on line form.

• 2 weeks later...
If you have a missing or damaged part for one of our products or are missing a cable for your PSU, lost the Cap for your Flash Voyager drive, or have a damaged or failing fan on one of our H series coolers for example: Please go to Submit a RMA request and fill out the on line form.

So I did and here is the answer:

'Your message

To: JackFlash

Cc:

Subject: Please email that question to jackflash@corsairmemory.com and

I will ask him this question as well.

Sent: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:05:18 -0700

was deleted without being read on Mon, 16 May 2005 11:12:32 -0700'

Where's my mistake?

• Corsair Employees
Please set the email again, and more than likely since there is more than one person getting emails from this address like my self you just got a notification because you selected it. And that person does not answer those emails all of the time. But please send it again.

Archived