Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.3.25 here

Technobeard

Yeah ... that doesn't look quite right. Unfortunately, since you took it apart already, an RMA is probably out of the question.

are you working on the rma departmant? because it is like the second time you talking about RMA... My friend can you please avoid just posting to post...

I am trying to get some INFORMATION here ..Not some personal nonsense ideas about an unrelevant topic

But if you insist ...companies seal their products with screws and they stick WARRANTY seals and on that warranty seal they mention if you remove that sticker their product will be out of warranty.. but as I told you before; commander pro does not have any of those warranty labels/stickers/screws..

And what do you mean about just releasing the update to use LNP with CoPro? That's been available and working for several versions.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172487

on the thread above it shows four strips..Now I have eight...

So why people buy corsair rgb products? for syncronization...

So when you want them (6corsair RGB FANS AND 8 CORSAIR LED STRIPSS which makes 14)to have the same colour and light pattern with every fans and LED strips; in other words when consumer wants them to syncronize they simply don't.. Because previous version of Link does not let you.. You have to set each 14(FOURTEEEN) rgb components by hand and have to set them one by one (You have to set each RGB CORSAIR COMPONENT of yours individually) ...

So I think first you should get informed to share some of the information you get..

But pls first get it before you share it .-)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
are you working on the rma departmant? because it is like the second time you talking about RMA... My friend can you please avoid just posting to post...

I am trying to get some INFORMATION here ..Not some personal nonsense ideas about an unrelevant topic

Uhh ... CoPro isn't working. RMA is relevant. No, I don't work in the RMA department nor do I work for Corsair. Just making a suggestion since it wasn't working.

If you don't like the suggestion, don't take it.

But if you insist ...companies seal their products with screws and they stick WARRANTY seals and on that warranty seal they mention if you remove that sticker their product will be out of warranty.. but as I told you before; commander pro does not have any of those warranty labels/stickers/screws..

OK ... and? You can try an RMA if you like. Or not. Obviously something looks wrong with that CoPro. You can either continue to whine about it here or try to see if Corsair will replace it for you. Seems you prefer the former.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172487

on the thread above it shows four strips..Now I have eight...

So why people buy corsair rgb products? for syncronization...

So when you want them (6corsair RGB FANS AND 8 CORSAIR LED STRIPSS which makes 14)to have the same colour and light pattern with every fans and LED strips; in other words when consumer wants them to syncronize they simply don't.. Because previous version of Link does not let you.. You have to set each 14(FOURTEEEN) rgb components by hand and have to set them one by one (You have to set each RGB CORSAIR COMPONENT of yours individually) ...

So I think first you should get informed to share some of the information you get..

But pls first get it before you share it .-)

So ... you claimed that this was the first version Commander Pro worked with Lighting Node Pro. That was incorrect and there's nothing that you've said here that changes that.

Yes, "Copy To" was broken. But you could still set them. It still worked. I have 8 strips and 4 fans and can personally attest to the fact that it did work even if individually setting values was painful. Zotty has even more and he can do the same. Yes, setting them individually was a royal PITA. But it could be done. And all of the lights worked and the LNP and the Commander Pro did work together. And versions prior to 4.9.2.27 had the Copy To functionality working. It was broken for 1 version that was the latest for what? 3 weeks?

At this point, we know that you have a broken CoPro. There's nothing more to do or say.

Zotty has even more and he can do the same. Yes, setting them individually was a royal PITA.

Copy to...

I do

I did

It was

Its fixed now :)

currently controlling the rgb of 17 fans.. (HD and LL) and 8 Strips. Latest version of Link (4.9.3.25) is being very compliant for me :)

Im kinda guy who thinks outloud .. SO no hard feelings please..

The thing is I think I have a bit too much stuff considering the size of my case.. Its really a big case an I have also mounted a bit too many things..It was not even possible to close the back lid of the case because of the excessive cables.. and when talking about excessive cables; I wasnt exaggerating I suppose

http://i67.tinypic.com/zvr5vt.jpg

and few days ago Ive spent a long time with some hardwork to manage all that cables and commander pro was also mounted in there and the lid could be closed without any resistance and do you know the best part? My corsair RGB components were working properly together (lighting node and commander pro) with that latest version of Link software for the first time..It was like a one day, dream.1-2 days later that little capacitor or whatever it is decided to terminate itself.. So I had to do that cable management again to reach the commander pro again unmount all the fans again .unmount commander pro again.. mount all the fans unmounted from commmander pro to fan extender cables. making that cables get through some really narrrow spaces..I also had to add and nzxt usb extender. ..Because, altough the usb ports of commander pro were still working, commander pro itself was not detectable by the link software which means no fan rpm and rgb control.. Anyway luckily I had a spare lighting node waiting for dark days and surprisingly it was functional.In fact, apart from fan control it was working better than commander pro on some other aspects..So everything is peachy now.. Only thing makes me a bit annoyed is my approx. two months old commander pros suicide attemp (or its capacitors).

Uhh ... CoPro isn't working. RMA is relevant. No, I don't work in the RMA department nor do I work for Corsair. Just making a suggestion since it wasn't working.

If you don't like the suggestion, don't take it.

OK ... and? You can try an RMA if you like. Or not. Obviously something looks wrong with that CoPro. You can either continue to whine about it here or try to see if Corsair will replace it for you. Seems you prefer the former.

You were wrong again.. Since everything is working in my setup with 2 lighting node pros, I wouldnt put that thing into my pc case again. At least not before knowing the high temperatures I had on my commander pro were the result of malfunctioning...Because if they are the average temperatures of all commander pros, it may be a problem Im talking about 70-80 degrees Celcius here..

Long story short You are wrong because all I want from corsair is to share that capacitor information.. So may be I can go to a solder guy and make the unit repaired easily..

I dont want put it in back my computer but I also dont want to keep it as a malfunctioning unit..

I would prefer to make it repaired and keep it as a functional spare part for hard days..

Because

So many Corsairs, So many Hard days

So who is going to be the next weakest link? Make a guess out of twenty.. hx 1200 may be the 21st and 2 corsair rgb fan hubs can be added to the list as the 22nd and 23rd

Who is going to be THE WEAKEST LINK ???

CHALLENGERS are Below!

http://i66.tinypic.com/11uual0.jpg

If by "fixed" you mean that it starts minimized to the tray, then yes, it is fixed.

Although ... I kinda liked it starting fully open myself. :roll:

But it does not working for me. I have to starts it by clicking after windows starts. Do you have any idea why?

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.3.25.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.3.25, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.

What version of Windows you're using.

Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Found a version that is working without bugs, 4.7.0.77, the rest is an absolute disgrace!

The most recent one does not run when windows starts, doesn't recognize all the sensors or only after closing and opening the app, CLservice does not auto start, and the list goes on and on...

Fix your damn bugs or point to another software that works, I don't care, even if it's payware!

• Corsair Employee
Found a version that is working without bugs, 4.7.0.77, the rest is an absolute disgrace!

The most recent one does not run when windows starts, doesn't recognize all the sensors or only after closing and opening the app, CLservice does not auto start, and the list goes on and on...

Fix your damn bugs or point to another software that works, I don't care, even if it's payware!

I can't help you if I don't know what specific bugs you're seeing.

The breakdown I see right now:

• Corsair Link 4.9.3.25 does not run at Windows start.
  • Corsair Link's service does not start with Windows.
  • Corsair Link doesn't recognize sensors.

Can you specify which sensors it's not recognizing? The other two seem to be basically the same issue.

Can you also explain which other bugs you're seeing?

So I just built a new pc (except gtx 960) and went to install my drivers, at that time corsair link worked just fine. But my windows was "corrupt" so I had to reinstall windows 10 pro (64 bit). But now corsair link is just blank not showing any info: https://gyazo.com/9939d6da5d4b55b58f0d433e9f560cbe

Does anyone know how to fix this? I looked at some other threads saying to got to register: HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Enum/USB/VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

but I can't find the "VID_1B1C&PID_0C04".

Service Log: https://gyazo.com/c017aa71b2760ec8212dd29c618cc8c8

client log: https://gyazo.com/597fa3844840b9f6dd5af6273f46ae54

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed that there was some kind of problem in my OS once again. My Antivirus didn't work for 2 days straight either. Now when I restarted my pc with AVG, everything worked...

This is the error I get:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb)

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.ADL.ADL_Adapter_AdapterInfo_Get(ADLAdapterInfo[] info)

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent.GetDevices()

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at CorsairLink4.Core.Services.Devices.DeviceMonitoringService.<HandleDeviceDataQueryRequest>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Running 32gb Corsair Dominator memory also...

latest v4.9.3.25.

Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build 16299.125

WD 1TB Caviar Blue HDD won't turn off at idle state.

Ever since I got a Z370 system, my hard drive has been on constantly, it would not turn off. Running an i7 8700K, Asus Z370-F (BIOS Version 0430), EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 16GB 3200Mhz RAM

• Corsair Employee
So I just built a new pc (except gtx 960) and went to install my drivers, at that time corsair link worked just fine. But my windows was "corrupt" so I had to reinstall windows 10 pro (64 bit). But now corsair link is just blank not showing any info: https://gyazo.com/9939d6da5d4b55b58f0d433e9f560cbe

Does anyone know how to fix this? I looked at some other threads saying to got to register: HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Enum/USB/VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

but I can't find the "VID_1B1C&PID_0C04".

Service Log: https://gyazo.com/c017aa71b2760ec8212dd29c618cc8c8

client log: https://gyazo.com/597fa3844840b9f6dd5af6273f46ae54

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed that there was some kind of problem in my OS once again. My Antivirus didn't work for 2 days straight either. Now when I restarted my pc with AVG, everything worked...

Honestly, if I were a betting man I think you might actually have unstable RAM. Whenever I've seen applications get randomly flaky or Windows installs go south, it's usually been bad/unstable memory.

This is the error I get:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb)

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.ADL.ADL_Adapter_AdapterInfo_Get(ADLAdapterInfo[] info)

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent.GetDevices()

at CorsairLink4.Module.DisplayAdapter.Amd.AmdDisplayAdapterComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at CorsairLink4.Core.Services.Devices.DeviceMonitoringService.<HandleDeviceDataQueryRequest>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Running 32gb Corsair Dominator memory also...

I have another user on the forum that's seeing this issue. We changed something under the hood in 4.9.4 that might fix the problem, that release is due soon.

had an issue with my hard drive not entering sleep state, didn't know it was an issue with the corsair link software. I updated to the latest version, let's see if it resolves it. I'll post updates.

EDIT: nope, still not fixed. im convinced it didnt do anything.

latest v4.9.3.25.

Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS Build 16299.125

WD 1TB Caviar Blue HDD won't turn off at idle state.

Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it. Ever since I got a Z370 system, my hard drive has been on constantly, it would not turn off. Running an i7 8700K, Asus Z370-F (BIOS Version 0430), EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 16GB 3200Mhz RAM

This has to do with the CPUID SDK we use for Link and is something we're aggressively working with the developer on to solve.

Corsairlink crashes daily on me randomly. Usually with this error in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.exe, version: 4.9.3.25, time stamp: 0x5a1837ff

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.64, time stamp: 0xac8afc81

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005d0bc

Faulting process id: 0x2248

Faulting application start time: 0x01d379c3e114f51b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: f6ba079a-8a18-475c-82c7-e9a908f93097

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Corsairlink crashes daily on me randomly. Usually with this error in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: CorsairLink4.exe, version: 4.9.3.25, time stamp: 0x5a1837ff

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.64, time stamp: 0xac8afc81

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005d0bc

Faulting process id: 0x2248

Faulting application start time: 0x01d379c3e114f51b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: f6ba079a-8a18-475c-82c7-e9a908f93097

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This actually doesn't tell us much. Can you look for an event around the same time from the .NET Runtime? Also, you should have an error log in C:\ProgramData\CLink4. Any info from the time of the crash would be helpful.

We won't be able to fix it here but it'll help the dev team.

Archived