Corsair Community

Corsair H110i V2 pump stuck in Performance (2800RPM). Radio silence from Corsair.

andrerav

Hi,

I have a Corsair H110i V2 that I bought a few weeks ago. After only a short while the pump started to act funny, and one day it just got stuck in Performance mode and it won't go back to quiet mode. Also one of the fans are acting really weird, forcing me to connect the fans to the motherboard instead. I have filed a support ticket (id 650952), but Corsair seems to have gone into hiding.

Do you guys have any ideas what's going on? I just upgraded to Corsair Link 4.9.3.25, but that didn't make any difference. I have also tried disconnecting the pump USB cable for long periods of time, uninstalling and reinstalling Link, wiping settings etc. I'm out of options, but I'm pretty sure this is a software error and can be easily fixed, for example if the pump can be "reset" somehow?

Have you shut down the PC at all? Removing the USB cable won't reset the pump; that's not where it gets its power from.

Also, can you verify that the fan header that the pump is plugged in to is set to run at 100%/Full Power? It sounds like the control unit isn't getting enough power. If you did a BIOS update, you'll need to go back in and set it again.

Are your system specs up to date? If I know your motherboard brand, I might be able to give you tips on what to look for and/or set.

Have you shut down the PC at all?

Yes, and disconnected the PSU.

Also, can you verify that the fan header that the pump is plugged in to is set to run at 100%/Full Power? It sounds like the control unit isn't getting enough power.

Pump speed is not controlled by the motherboard at all. The pump wire that plugs into the motherboard only has a single pin to report RPM. Power is supplied from a sata connection directly from the PSU. Pump speed is controlled by pump firmware and optionally Corsair Link.

Are your system specs up to date? If I know your motherboard brand, I might be able to give you tips on what to look for and/or set.

Everything is up to date. Motherboard is an Asus X370 Prime Pro.

Yes, and disconnected the PSU.

Pump speed is not controlled by the motherboard at all. The pump wire that plugs into the motherboard only has a single pin to report RPM. Power is supplied from a sata connection directly from the PSU. Pump speed is controlled by pump firmware and optionally Corsair Link.

I am aware; many of the coolers, however, are powered by the fans and I can't keep them straight. Personally, I'll be glad when they are all SATA powered.

Everything is up to date. Motherboard is an Asus X370 Prime Pro.

I was referencing the system specs on the forum ... in the pull-down by your name. I'm still seeing a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P ... which is a Core 2 board. Perhaps that's cache?

It does sound like something amiss with your cooler. If it's within the return period from your retailer, it may be quicker to swap with them. In the meantime, let's hope one of the Corsair guys on the forum can ping this and follow up on that ticket. When I had to RMA a cooler, they responded within 48 hours.