Corsair Community

Your opinion on One Pro with GTX 1080TI

kgtjan

I am considering buying it and would like to hear from those who already own it. I skimmed this forum and found that people has various problems with certain batches but it seems major problems have been sorted out by Corsair tech.

Do you still have issues or problem with One Pro 1080TI?

How is the fan noise when demanding game is running?

Any thermal throttling noticed?

Would you recommend it?

I am going to use 55-inch LG OLED 4K TV as a display - its video response time in gaming mode is pretty fast so I don't expect problem with the TV.

I would appreciate it much if you can share your opinion on the One Pro 1080Ti.

Thanks!

Edited by kgtjan

I really like mine. Have had zero problems other than a brief flicker when starting some AAA gaming titles, which was remedied by moving the connection from one displayport to the other.

As far as fan noise, it's a little louder than I expected under heavy load...but other than that, you can barely hear it.

My SSD (M.2) can get pretty warm...idles in the low 50s...and CPU temps idle in the low 40s...this is a little warm for my liking, but after doing research, I can live with it...

M.2s run hotter as a whole....70 is when it starts throttling and I've never seen it go that far, although it does hit the mid 60s under load....CPU peaks can hit the mid 80s at times...

Hi kgtjan,

I bought the C1 Pro Ti from Amazon in the UK. The first unit was totally defective and returned the same day it arrived. I received a replacement unit about a week later and it works like a charm.

With regards to noise level, it is incredibly silent. I have it on my desk, very close to my ears and can just hear a whispering at idle. When the load goes up (like in BF1) it is still the most silent machine I have ever owned, really impressive. During heavy load the temp goes up to 60 Celsius (no OC).

The M.2 SSD however has a tendency to overheat (circa 70 Celsius), that's a bit of a watch out. It's probably due to the small form factor and limited air flowing around it.

Overall great machine, especially with the 1080ti.

I really like mine also. Realize posts you see here aren't going to be at all proportionately indicative of actual user experience. Instead, probably going to be heavily tilted towards problems, because people having difficulty are going to post here looking for help, whereas people without problems (well, at least re their Corsair One) are far less likely to post here.

And reviews across the board have been stellar.

My one negative is getting responses from Corsair support ... I've emailed a couple of times and gotten no answer. Guessing they haven't (only "yet", hopefully) managed to hire enough / ramp up customer service as needed for a full PC distributor vs a parts only distributor.

Oh, and re noise: mine is on desk, next to monitor, and sound is the same whether on or off. Completely quiet.

Edited by CNBIII

• Administrators
My one negative is getting responses from Corsair support ... I've emailed a couple of times and gotten no answer. Guessing they haven't (only "yet", hopefully) managed to hire enough / ramp up customer service as needed for a full PC distributor vs a parts only distributor.
I'm not sure who you're emailing, but there's no support tickets under the email address that this forum account is under. Create a ticket at support.corsair.com and the support team will be able to help you out.

Huh. OK, will do. I was just emailing the same email address at which I'd had previously correspondence with Corsair (including replies) re my initial purchase. Thanks for the prompt clarification (esp on a Sunday).

Edit: actually this account is under a different email address than the one I'd used to originally order my One and from which I'd sent the previously referenced emails. That said, will create a ticket regardless.

Edit #2: confirmation of ticket creation confirmed; thanks again.

Edited by CNBIII

When mine is working, it is tremendous.

Super quiet, fast, heat no issue, does not throttle back that I have found.

I am currently running stock, no overclocked CPU or GPU, although BIOS lets you up the clock speed from 4.2,to 4.6 with click of button.

Runs HTC Vive VR like a charm. Potent hardware combo.

My issues surround random reboot and blank screen issues discussed elsewhere, but I suspect I have a faulty unit.

Corsair support ticket raised for RMA, just monitoring and considering options before I need to bite bullet.

Kev

Scotland UK 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Thanks for all your valuable feedback on the C1 Pro.

It seems the PC is designed/built descent and runs reliably when QC is done right.

I almost bought one, but decided to hold on until the CES 2018 in early Jan. Corsair seems participating in the show and it may announce new models, hopefully. Intel came up with new, low cost 8th gen CPUs in October and Z370 ITX motherboards are available, so I think there is a good chance that Corsair announces new models based on the new chips at the CES.

Again, thanks for sharing your user experience on the C1 Pro.