Corsair Community

issue

xufos69

Sorry for my bad English. I'm having trouble also with corsair link version 4.9 or above. I use Asus IX Formula motherboard & corsair commander pro to control RPM & lights for my fan Corsair HD140. When I apply some light effect to the motherboard using Asus Aura software, the light sometimes freeze/error & cpu usage is 15-16% higher than normal usage. I tried reinstalling some softwares because it maybe might cause some errors on my Asus Aura software & I found after I uninstall & reinstall again my corsair link from v4.9.0.57, v4.9.1.23, v4.9.2.27 to v4.8.3.8 the light on my Asus motherboard never freeze/error again & cpu usage always normal about 3-4%

So in my opinion corsair link version 4.9 or above causes a bug on the asus motherboard that uses Asus Aura software. I use corsair link v.4.8.3.8 now for my best setting.

What version of Asus Aura are you using? And have you seen the Asus Aura latest version thread? See https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97813-AURA-v1-05-27-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread.

I'm not convinced I'd be so sure that it's Link causing the problem. I'm running Aura 1.05.22 (I think; they don't update the version on the exe) with no issues.

What version of Asus Aura are you using? And have you seen the Asus Aura latest version thread? See https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97813-AURA-v1-05-27-Report-all-issues-in-this-thread.

I'm not convinced I'd be so sure that it's Link causing the problem. I'm running Aura 1.05.22 (I think; they don't update the version on the exe) with no issues.

I use Asus Aura v1.05.25 because on asus site https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/ this version is newest

I can confirm the cause of the Aura sometimes error because it does not match the software corsair link version 4.9 because I've tried to reinstall windows 10 pro then I just try to install 2 software that is asus aura and corsair link v4.9 only. A few hours later the light effects on the asus motherboard became error/freeze & cpu usage increased then I uninstalled the corsair link v4.9 and reinstall corsair link v4.8. I turned on the PC for a few days, the effect light on the motherboard was no problem

Sigh... that's annoying. That current version of Aura (1.05.25) is the first one that has ever actually worked for me as intended without prohibitive failures. I am using a different motherboard (X99 Strix) but I also have a Commander Pro and a case full of HD series fans. Everything is working well and I am also on Link 4.8.3. I would suggest you stay on Link 4.8.3. You only need 4.9 is you have LL or ML-RGB fans. There was a fundamental change to 4.9 to make it compatible with those new devices and there may be some adjustment to made for one or both programs.

c-attack ... have you tried 1.05.25 with 4.9? After seeing some of the posts on the Asus forum for 1.05.25, I'm somewhat leery of installing it. New versions of Aura have been a roll of the dice for me.

Wondering if it's global or something specific to the OP's system.

Try installing a previous version of Asus Aura to see if Link alone is the problem. As I mentioned, I'm running an earlier version of Aura with Link and no issues.

I'm also try running asus aura 1.05.22, 1.05.16, 1.05.11 and lastly 1.04.43 . The problem still appear to me if I run corsair link 4.9 or above

I don't know with other asus motherboard but for Asus IX Formula that I using now it's best I keep using Aura 1.05.25 with corsair link 4.8.3.8

c-attack ... have you tried 1.05.25 with 4.9? After seeing some of the posts on the Asus forum for 1.05.25, I'm somewhat leery of installing it. New versions of Aura have been a roll of the dice for me.

Wondering if it's global or something specific to the OP's system.

I had my own issues with Link 4.9 that made using it not beneficial and I rolled back within hours. I am not sure if I had Aura running at that point. Link 4.9 gave me bad temperature data from my probes as well as an irregular polling cycle. I removed most other stuff to see if it was a conflict, but it appears to be native to 4.9. Rolling back to 4.8.3 fixed those issues and restored hardware playback, so that was a double win for me. I didn't stay on 4.9 long enough to do any meaningful analysis of its interaction with other programs.

The prior Aura versions all have some pretty noticeable functional issues (can't remember colors, settings, crash every 30 seconds, etc.). I would stay on 105.25 or if you are not using any complex Aura schemes, uninstall, and make the basic setting choice in the BIOS.

Edited by c-attack

For the OP: Do you have any of the Corsair RGB RAM installed? If I understand things correctly, Aura will try to control that. I'm wondering if you're getting a conflict with both Aura and Link trying to control Corsair memory on the board.

Filling out your system specs would be super-helpful.

I seen the lights freeze and the Aura app use fair bit of cpu usage but I don't think it's the link software doing it since I never have it running. I'm sure it's only happened with the music settings but it has been awhile since I last seen it.

Sigh... that's annoying. That current version of Aura (1.05.25) is the first one that has ever actually worked for me as intended without prohibitive failures. I am using a different motherboard (X99 Strix) but I also have a Commander Pro and a case full of HD series fans. Everything is working well and I am also on Link 4.8.3. I would suggest you stay on Link 4.8.3. You only need 4.9 is you have LL or ML-RGB fans. There was a fundamental change to 4.9 to make it compatible with those new devices and there may be some adjustment to made for one or both programs.

If you not updated your bios since May ish time then you might want to give that a try.