Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4.9 should be pulled from Downloads

FleshharrowerX

Hi Forum,

I don't normally post to these types of groups but I wanted to weigh in with a problem that I see and give my feedback in hopes that Corsair will do the right thing which is to remove Corsair Link 4.9 from the download section and replace it with 4.8 until 4.9 actually works.

I just spent 4 hours messing around with CL 4.9 and a Commander Pro in order to get it to read my 2 x 120mm and 2 x 140 mm Corsair ML PRO Fans. In CL 4.9, the fans would only show up intermittently while the app was running. I tried changing the fans around on the Commander Pro and still received the same results.

I finally found this thread - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=922960#post922960 . Which basically leads to an official Corsair thread here - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171536. The fix for my problem and apparently many other Commander Pro users' problems is to reset the Commander Pro (major pain in the butt) and downgrade Corsair Link from 4.9 to 4.8.

This did fix my problem and actually made it so CL started minimized (4.9 starts as an open window) but what an enormous waste of my time. I'm a very upset customer at this point and have been an avid user of Corsair products for years - I have Corsair cases, power supplies, memory, keyboards, water cooling, and other stuff in multiple PCs in my household.

As an entertainment software developer myself, I don't understand why Corsair leaves a broken piece of software like that up as the default upgrade when the CP is installed. I don't see an any huge advantages in CL 4.9, certainly nothing worth the trouble it can cause.

In closing, Corsair you are doing your customers a huge disservice by leaving CL 4.9 up as the default upgrade. Please save future customers a huge hassle and put CL 4.8 in its place until you fix the issues with the latest software.

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

The most recent version, 4.9.2.27, is working well for most outside of the maximize bug and AMD GPU detection issue. Unfortunately, no software is perfect, and given the number of systems we have to support it's unsurprising when some of our customers have trouble.

Are you running any ASUS software alongside Corsair Link?

When you were using 4.9.2, did you try manually configuring the fans on your Commander PRO? Ordinarily the Commander PRO has no trouble detecting ML PRO fans. Also, are you running the most recent firmware for the Commander PRO?

Finally, do the fans themselves show up in 4.8 without intermittently disappearing?

The most recent version, 4.9.2.27, is working well for most outside of the maximize bug and AMD GPU detection issue. Unfortunately, no software is perfect, and given the number of systems we have to support it's unsurprising when some of our customers have trouble.

Are you running any ASUS software alongside Corsair Link?

When you were using 4.9.2, did you try manually configuring the fans on your Commander PRO? Ordinarily the Commander PRO has no trouble detecting ML PRO fans. Also, are you running the most recent firmware for the Commander PRO?

Finally, do the fans themselves show up in 4.8 without intermittently disappearing?

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your response, in answer to your questions:

1. No, I'm not running any Asus software.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by manually configuring the fans in CP? They wouldn't show up on the Home page nor would they show up in the Configure page. When they would show up for a second then I was able to configure them but I had to click on them quickly and they would not report the correct speed as I was seeing things like 10000+ RPM when the fan flashed as visible in CP for a second. Also, most of the time only a couple of fans at a time would pop up and then quickly disappear.

3. Yes, I am running the latest firmware on the CP, it shows as 0.4.173 with bootloader ver 0.3.

4. In CP 4.8, everything is fine with the fans. All 6 show all of the time and I have complete control over them. I've set them up with a custom curve to get the speed low until things get pretty hot then I quickly have them ramp up which has the effect of keeping them quiet pretty much all the time while still keeping my temps low. The setup is 2 x 140 on my H110i triggered on CPU temp, 2 x 140 in the front of my Air 540 case also triggered on CPU Temp. Then 2 x 120 on my EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid's radiator, triggered on GPU temp. This is all working perfectly and I certainly appreciate the fact that I can control the 1080ti fans since EVGA provides no control for these (at least nothing that really works or I can figure out in Precision XOC).

I'm perfectly happy running 4.8 as I'm not running any led strips since I have plenty of effects going on in the case from the 1080ti, H110i, and the Corsair white led memory.

• Corsair Employees
Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your response, in answer to your questions:

1. No, I'm not running any Asus software.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by manually configuring the fans in CP? They wouldn't show up on the Home page nor would they show up in the Configure page. When they would show up for a second then I was able to configure them but I had to click on them quickly and they would not report the correct speed as I was seeing things like 10000+ RPM when the fan flashed as visible in CP for a second. Also, most of the time only a couple of fans at a time would pop up and then quickly disappear.

On Link 4.9.2, there should be a "Configure" button in the main Commander PRO window that will let you manually set the individual fan ports. This was put in place for the odd fans that don't auto-detect correctly.

That said, if you're seeing weird results like 10K+ RPM, you may actually just have a bad/malfunctioning Commander PRO.

3. Yes, I am running the latest firmware on the CP, it shows as 0.4.173 with bootloader ver 0.3.

4. In CP 4.8, everything is fine with the fans. All 6 show all of the time and I have complete control over them. I've set them up with a custom curve to get the speed low until things get pretty hot then I quickly have them ramp up which has the effect of keeping them quiet pretty much all the time while still keeping my temps low. The setup is 2 x 140 on my H110i triggered on CPU temp, 2 x 140 in the front of my Air 540 case also triggered on CPU Temp. Then 2 x 120 on my EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid's radiator, triggered on GPU temp. This is all working perfectly and I certainly appreciate the fact that I can control the 1080ti fans since EVGA provides no control for these (at least nothing that really works or I can figure out in Precision XOC).

I'm perfectly happy running 4.8 as I'm not running any led strips since I have plenty of effects going on in the case from the 1080ti, H110i, and the Corsair white led memory.

If you're happy with 4.8 and that works for you, then go for it.