Corsair Community

H100i v2 Settings Won't Save

blimpboy3

I'm using the latest CorsairLink and created my own fan schedule. I saved the settings to the device (Device->Save settings as default) which I thought would allow me to run the AIO without the need for the usb cable or CorsairLink. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I need both CL and the usb attached for the fan to change speed while running P95 otherwise the fans are stuck at idle. Anyone got any ideas why it's not saving?

Can you provide some details on what your settings are? Do you have the fans tied to the temperature from the H100i v2 (Group H100i v2 Temp)? You'll need to have it set to that for it to work. Besides ... that's the best way to set it anyway.

Also, how long did you run P95? It does take quite a while for the coolant to warm up, especially compared to the CPU. When I run tests for my cooling, it typically takes close to 30 minutes for the coolant temp to stabilize at it's max temperature. It'll then bounce around +/- 0.2C ... pretty much until I stop the test.

I have it tied to my cpu package temp, not the aio temp. What's weird is just last week, I had this aio in a previous build where I was able to do everything just fine.

The problem I see with tying it to the aio temp is the aio temp takes a while to increase like you mentioned but cpu temp increases much faster. By tying it to the cpu temp, I can avoid overheating.

I have it tied to my cpu package temp, not the aio temp. What's weird is just last week, I had this aio in a previous build where I was able to do everything just fine.

The problem I see with tying it to the aio temp is the aio temp takes a while to increase like you mentioned but cpu temp increases much faster. By tying it to the cpu temp, I can avoid overheating.

First, by tying to the CPU Temp, you are requiring that you run Link. The device alone cannot read the CPU Temp by itself. Period.

In fact, think about it for a second ... the CPU Package temp comes from a sensor on the CPU itself. It's not reported over a fan header. Sure, you can control the fan header by the CPU temp but that's a function of the BIOS, which has access to the CPU sensors. And with that cooler, you should have the CPU_FAN header set to 100% anyway to power it. So how would the cooler even get this value? It can't.

Second, tying it to the CPU temp will not help you prevent overheating. The fans do not cool the CPU but, instead, blow air through the radiator to cool the liquid coolant. It's the liquid coolant that cools the CPU as it is pumped over the cold plate. It's the coolant temperature that matters for radiator fan control when using liquid cooling, not the CPU temperature. And by tying it to the CPU temp, you'll have your fans constantly ramping up and down and up and down as your CPU temps will tend to vary pretty widely, especially with current Intel CPUs. C-attack has detailed this at length on several posts on this forum.

Archived