Corsair Community

MM800 no writable default lighting effects?

AaronMT

Is there really no on-board flash memory module to write a default lighting effect?

On reboot I get the default rainbow effect. My proffered override only applies when I launch the Corsair Utility Engine software. Must I have this software always running?

Yeah, the MM800 has no on-board storage for custom profiles. CUE needs to always be communicating with the mouse pad in order for your custom profile to work.

There IS clearly a default lighting scheme already built in to the pad, making me wonder if it's possible for Corsair to push a firmware update that would allow users to at least change that one scheme with CUE. But this has been a problem ever since the MM800's release over a year ago, so I'm not optimistic.

The pad also reverts to its default rainbow when you lock Windows, which is extra annoying for me since I'm not always using the computer when I'm in this room, so I get to see the rainbow quite a lot. The rest of the features are good, but unfortunately this one is bothering me enough that I may end up returning what's an otherwise great RGB pad.

Archived