Corsair Community

Commander Pro + LL fans + Strips don't work.

xrb936

Hi,

I just purchased 6 LL fans (2 140mm, 4 120mm) and a commander pro, and however they are not working together.

For fans, I connect all of their 4-pin PMW directly to commander pro, and all of their RGB to the fan hub, then connect the fan hub to commander pro LED#1.

For strips, I connect 2 strips together to commander pro LED#2.

Right now, I cannot control their RGB setting, and also cannot control those 6 fans' speed.

Please help me out, thank you!

How are you providing power to the Commander Pro? Are you using a molex-to-sata adapter? The voltage readings for the C-Pro are way off ... you're showing 4.54V on the 12V rail and 1.51V on the 3.3V rail.

I didn't change anything. And I didn't use any adapter also. I don't know what it is.

Well, the 12v rail is for the fans. If that's not getting enough power, that would explain the issues with the fans.

The 5v rail is for the LEDs (I think) and that's low. And the 3.3v rail is for the USB hub and the microcontroller.

Based on what's shown here, it doesn't look like your Commander Pro is getting the power that it needs. What I don't know ... and really can't say ... is if it's because of the power delivery (which would indicate a problem with the power supply) or if it's the Commander Pro. You'd need to take a multimeter to the SATA power connector to see if the connector is actually delivering the proper voltage. Certainly, the SATA spec allows for some variance from nominal voltages (12v, 5v, 3.3v) but it certainly doesn't allow for a full .5v low ... and your 5v rail is the closest to what it should be.

its the commander pro. im having the same issue with Link showing some weird readings. happens when any HW montior app is running for me. HWmonitor, HWinfo64, Aida64. if i close all other app and reload Link everything is back to normal.

all this happened since i started using the commander pro. i just got it yesterday. before that. Link gave no weird readings with any other monitor app. my PSU was giving me off reading to when i had that plugged into the CP. im using MB usb header now with PSU and everything is fine. But my fans connected to CP show wrong readings. quitet mode has my fans at 60k RPM. but they are spinning at their lowest like they should in quiet mode.

its the commander pro. im having the same issue with Link showing some weird readings. happens when any HW montior app is running for me. HWmonitor, HWinfo64, Aida64. if i close all other app and reload Link everything is back to normal.

all this happened since i started using the commander pro. i just got it yesterday. before that. Link gave no weird readings with any other monitor app. my PSU was giving me off reading to when i had that plugged into the CP. im using MB usb header now with PSU and everything is fine. But my fans connected to CP show wrong readings. quitet mode has my fans at 60k RPM. but they are spinning at their lowest like they should in quiet mode.

HWInfo, at least, will attempt to read directly from the Commander Pro. This needs to be disabled if you want to run HWInfo and Link at the same time. The current version of HWMonitor (1.33) didn't do that for me but apparently it does for some others and I didn't see a way to disable it. This is a known conflict ... essentially, if you are running Link, you should only monitor Corsair devices with Link, nothing else.

HWInfo, at least, will attempt to read directly from the Commander Pro. This needs to be disabled if you want to run HWInfo and Link at the same time. The current version of HWMonitor (1.33) didn't do that for me but apparently it does for some others and I didn't see a way to disable it. This is a known conflict ... essentially, if you are running Link, you should only monitor Corsair devices with Link, nothing else.

I like running HWmonitor sometimes to monitor some temps to see what the high value is, and stuff like that. If link had that, i wouldnt use HWmonitor. this issue is only cause when CP is hooked up. Corsair Link alone does not cause this. and its not just HWmonitor that commander pro effects.

Link does have that ... you need to open the "Graphing" window.

Again, if HWMonitor is trying to get readings from the Commander Pro while Link is running, you will have a conflict and issues. The same is true with HWInfo. With HWInfo, I disabled it from accessing both the H100iV2 as well as the C-Pro ... and I run them both at the same time with no issue. Before I disabled HWInfo from reading the H100iV2 and CPro, there were problems.

edit.. Sorry DevB.. didnt see your reply to it lol....

but here's another way anyways

If link had that

It does..... Click on the temp you want the info for it will tell you the min and max

1nCPloV.jpg

Edited by Zotty

I don't have those software installed... Why is that happen? I tried to reset it, but the light on CLCP never flash... I can ensure that that the PSU is working...