Corsair Community

K70 Rapidfire sometimes double pressing keys?

Tomsta

This is my first mechanical keyboard so i might jsut need a adjustment peroiid, however i bought a refurbiished k70 from Scan.co.uk and aall seems fine, however randomly i'lll sometimes get 2 or 3 of the same letter appear when i press a key

Is it possible that the refurb keyboard is stll faulty, or is it more that ii'm coming from a membrane keyboard. It's using Cherry MX Speeds

I've had this keyboard only a week so

If had 3 keyboards so far with those issues, 1e keyboard was doa k65 spacebar double pressed or did not register, 2e and 3e both had chattering d key possibly more, each time i double checked also testing it on my laptop, each time it did't matter, if you can return it then do so and get another k70 just keep trying, corsair should do better quality control, its not like there keyboards are bad but the switches are horrible often have issues, they need to step away from mechanical and go for new switch type that does't suffer these issues the sooner the better.

They may aswell make a keyboard right now that can easily replace switches by inserting or ejecting them so you can easily order new switch and have bunch of spares that work, so you always have a fix at hand, cos these switches simply dont always last very long, heck they may as well include maintenaince kit with there keyboards if they are so sensitive to dust.

Mine 2 of mine wore down within a month they had issues.

Anyway don't give up.

@Tomsta this is my second mechanical keyboard in 2 months.

1st was a Logitech G413 and the control key broke off with the 4 tiny little pins breaking off inside the switch. Absolute rubbish yet raved about on forums.

I have the K70 Rapid Fire RGB sitting in front of me now and it's the worst keyboard I have ever used for typing. It feels very good for my type of gaming(FPS mostly) but it's like I need two keyboards and that's not going to work for me. And I'm yet to figure out the super complex software

@Arokhantos I guess what you telling us is these keyboards are extremely fragile?

There's no warning on the box my keyboard came in about dust. Dust is natural so if it affects the operation of the keyboard under 'normal' circumstances there should be a warning. If this keyboard is as fragile as the Logitech was then they can convince the judge that I don't deserve a refund.

The rapid fire/speed/cherry silver keys require some adjustment. It's a very short actuation, so if you lean on the keys, you are probably going to register some errant strokes. Whether that is the cause of the repeats is another matter, by have more than a few times paused in mid-thought only to re-focus on a string of fffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I would not call any of the K70 LUX or K95 Plat. boards fragile. I have had 6 pass through my hands for one reason or another and there were no issues on any of them, except this very last one I picked up on the Black Friday sale. A mis-aligned volume wheel was not the end of the world, but it was returned all the same. I was in the same boat as you a year or two ago and the speed keys felt horrible after years of browns. However, I had become increasingly fatigued with them and I forced myself to adapt to the Rapid Fire with a lighter touch and a little more thought. Some people will this as advantageous. Others do not want to change. If you are in that last group, send it back and get the board with the Cherry Brown keys. For typists it is better and possibly anyone else you does not want the twitchy activation in games or anywhere else.