Corsair Community

H110i and r7 1800x idle temps question

cawzie

As the title states I have a H110i and r7 1800x, I am wondering what appropriate idle temps should be. The CPU package as per Corsair Link reads at idle between 32c and (1% - 5% load) 40c. Are these safe idle temps? Under 100% load for 10 min CPU package maxes out at 62c and the ambient temp is 74 degrees Fahrenheit.

I just want to make sure everything is a.o.k. with my idle temps.

Thanks much,

Justin

24197193_1835258503169095_254265946_o.thumb.jpg.e8d43e30134d0c85444d5cd22e0f69c0.jpg

Edited by cawzie

Then that is about as low as you can go. Typical idle coolant temp is 4-7C above room temp, with some case and other environmental factors. Your CPU temp can't be below the coolant temp and after that your power settings, C-states, and whatever AMD calls their versions will have an effect on the values. It all looks normal as at the minimum for this environment. Coolant temp should max about 6-10C above the idle value, again case temp dependent. GPUs add more heat.

• 2 months later...
Then that is about as low as you can go. Typical idle coolant temp is 4-7C above room temp, with some case and other environmental factors. Your CPU temp can't be below the coolant temp and after that your power settings, C-states, and whatever AMD calls their versions will have an effect on the values. It all looks normal as at the minimum for this environment. Coolant temp should max about 6-10C above the idle value, again case temp dependent. GPUs add more heat.

I ended up doing a RMA on my cooler, the idle temps were erratic, 1 header stopped working on the the Y fan connector, the pump ended up getting stuck on performance and emitting a humming noise that was noticeable. I have the new unit installed and t he idle temps are @ 28c -32c and they don't randomly jump up 10c+. My max temps on full load even dropped by 5c and that's with my fans only going up to 1,100 rpm.

It seems that my initial suspicions were correct but that has been all sorted now with the new unit.