Corsair Community

K95 Platinum keeps reverting to default profile

TheBizness

Hello all. I recently purchased a K95 RGB Platinum and when in CUE software I can change profiles no problem, either through mouse clicking them or using the profile key on the keyboard. As soon as I go into a game or other program the keyboard goes back to default profile and the profile button on keyboard doesn't seem to work.

Am I missing something and/or doing something wrong? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Name does not matter and the default profile is not automatically the "default" named entry. What every profile you drag to the top of the list will become the persistent default profile. As such, you are better off linking specific profiles to applications that require them or simply drag a new profile to the top. Link will keep the profile active in the window for editing purposes, but as soon as you lose focus it will revert to the top profile.

I am not sure why the profile switcher has no effect. If Link is not running, it will cycle through the three hardware saved profiles (HW1, 2, 3). If Link is active, it will cycle down the list through all of the profiles. Is it possible your current default assigned that key another function?