Corsair Community

Macro Question

Countdhoun

Hey, I hope this is in the right forum. New user here.

My job requires me to type a lot...to other people...through chat.

Macros have saved my life by putting my most frequently said things into the simple press of a button.

But I'm not super familiar with the process of creating a macro. I can fumble my way though it, but there's still a lot I do not know.

My question is is there a way to make it so that when you press a macro, it will spit out a random word from a selection of words (looking for synonym for "great").

Does that make sense? So that one time I can push the macro button it will say "Great" and the next time it will say something different like "Fantastic" and it'll all be random which word comes out.

Is there any way to do something like that?

Hey, I hope this is in the right forum. New user here.

My job requires me to type a lot...to other people...through chat.

Macros have saved my life by putting my most frequently said things into the simple press of a button.

But I'm not super familiar with the process of creating a macro. I can fumble my way though it, but there's still a lot I do not know.

My question is is there a way to make it so that when you press a macro, it will spit out a random word from a selection of words (looking for synonym for "great").

Does that make sense? So that one time I can push the macro button it will say "Great" and the next time it will say something different like "Fantastic" and it'll all be random which word comes out.

Is there any way to do something like that?

Yes, AutoHotkey is well suited to do that. I can give you a quick script to make it happen, but it would be helpful if we had that list of words you are looking for. AHK plays nice with CUE provided you remap the buttons to recognizable VKSC codes or regular keyboard combinations that are obscure enough not to conflict (like ctrl alt shift F1-24 or whatever you like).

My approach/suggestion would be to have the computer generate a "random" number and then use a switch style if chain to selectively send the word you want based on the random number.

I will post it to this thread another time, but in the meantime please list your synonyms for "great" "excellent" etc

I've done somewhat similar things with a cell phone number inserting into outlook where i'll sometimes just want the #, other times want to say 'if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out on my cell at ...' etc

^+!F1::

Random, pickANumber, 1, 3

;MsgBox % pickANumber

if(pickANumber == 1) {

Send Great

}

else if(pickANumber == 2) {

Send Excellent

}

else if(pickANumber == 3) {

Send Sweet

}

else {

Send Superb

}

Return

;Extrapolate from the above, copy and save as an .ahk file and run it once you are done installing autohotkey