Corsair Community

Using Corsair Commander Pro without software.

district9prawn

Hello,

I have a commander pro on its way to me. I am wondering if it is possible to set up fan curves in Corsair Link and then not run the software. I've previously found Corsair Link to be problematic with monitoring software such as hwinfo. I am hoping to use the temperature inputs on the commander pro to control fan speeds so the unit should not need access to motherboard/cpu sensors.

Also I read elsewhere on this forum that pwm control only goes up to 4000rpm. Is this still the case? Is there any way around this? It would be nice if my D5 pump could use the entire pwm range.

Thank you.

Yes, the PWM control goes up to 4000 RPM and there currently isn't a way around this. I'm not sure, however, if I'd control a pump with the Commander Pro; I'd be concerned about the power draw. I don't have any experience or even anecdotes to back this up, though; it's just a gut feel. C-attack or others may have more insight into that.

And yes, you can set up the curves in Link and not run the software. As long as the temps are based on the Commander Pro, the fan curves will run. (I actually tested this.) However, if you tell HWInfo not to monitor the Corsair devices, you shouldn't have any issues with it. I run them both side by side quite regularly. If it monitors the Corsair devices, there are definitely issues.

My commander pro just arrived. I've currently set it up on an old motherboard running without a case. As you mentioned the custom curves seem to work without software using the supplied thermistors. Interestingly, SIV64 seems to allow pwm control beyond the 4000rpm limit of CL. SIV also seems to allow rpm control of 3 pin fans beyond 4000 rpm as well.