Corsair Community

Differend RAM versions question

Simon771

Hello everyone,

I have quick question about RAM and differend versions of it.

Right now I'm using this one: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W and it's version 5.39. So by my understanding that's Hynix RAM.

I would like to upgrade with another set of that RAM so I would have total of 32GB RAM with 4 sticks.

But my vendor can't say what version of RAM I will get. I know that there is also 4.31 version of that same RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W). And 4.31 version is suing Samsung B-die.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if I try to use 2x 5.39 Hynix version + 2x 4.31 version of Samsung B-die ram. Can that even work together? Are there any possible problems?

Is there any other version of that ram other than 5.39 and 4.31?

I'm using Z370-g gaming asus motherboard + i5 8600k, and current RAM have no problems with running at 3200MHz XMP profile.

Any information is welcome :)

• Corsair Employees
Hello everyone,

I have quick question about RAM and differend versions of it.

Right now I'm using this one: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W and it's version 5.39. So by my understanding that's Hynix RAM.

I would like to upgrade with another set of that RAM so I would have total of 32GB RAM with 4 sticks.

But my vendor can't say what version of RAM I will get. I know that there is also 4.31 version of that same RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W). And 4.31 version is suing Samsung B-die.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if I try to use 2x 5.39 Hynix version + 2x 4.31 version of Samsung B-die ram. Can that even work together? Are there any possible problems?

Is there any other version of that ram other than 5.39 and 4.31?

I'm using Z370-g gaming asus motherboard + i5 8600k, and current RAM have no problems with running at 3200MHz XMP profile.

Any information is welcome :)

They should work together, however, getting to the 3200MHz mark could be a problem and may possibly require manual tweaking, which is why we don't recommend mixing kits in general.