Corsair Community

Old man here in need a bit of help with Cue 2.

climateguy

Hello, I am sorry to bother you all. I am getting old and cannot figure this crazy keyboard out. I have a Corsair Strafe Silent and am trying to use Cue to change settings, such as the F keys and make colors. There are two issues I would like help with. Please explain like I am a child, as I don't understand a lot of this and appreciate your patience if I ask stupid questions. I play one game called Skyrim and I really enjoy it. I may want to try new games, but it takes me a while to understand things. OK, anyway here is what I would kindly like help with:

1) Keyboard not active in Cue. When I enter Cue and edit profile, the keyboard does not become active in Cue - it's still "greyed out" if that makes sense. See image. In other words, I cannot highlight keyboard keys that I want to work on with my mouse cursor. How do I make the keyboard active in Cue?

2) Change the F sound keys. How do I make the F5, F7, and F8 keys work without pressing the "FN" key? I'd like to just press these directly to change the volume. I really could use step by step instructions.

I really do not understand how to do this and again I am really sorry to bother you all with silly questions. I just need some help.

Thank you,

climateguy

344793115_ssstrafe.thumb.png.91db5f7e72fabbd9d1cab193c0ae1308.png

You are in the actions library, that is why you cannot select any keys. Create the macro under 'Actions' Tab.

1786229061_2017-11-2622_30_04-CorsairUtilityEngine.thumb.png.507345243118ad8f895db5d938b1d94b.png

Now, press the record button but before you do that don't include delays. Press FN + Whatever and it will record the action. Stop recording when you are done.

518601139_2017-11-2622_32_32-CorsairUtilityEngine.png.559f735470a1521e526841c1f0ba03ea.png

Now just select the key you want to assign it to, simple as that.

538748795_2017-11-2622_33_33-CorsairUtilityEngine.png.e11c75f00fcf2be3f3be6ceb07dbe6cc.png

You are in the actions library, that is why you cannot select any keys. Create the macro under 'Actions' Tab.

[ATTACH]31618[/ATTACH]

Now, press the record button but before you do that don't include delays. Press FN + Whatever and it will record the action. Stop recording when you are done.

[ATTACH]31619[/ATTACH]

Now just select the key you want to assign it to, simple as that.

[ATTACH]31620[/ATTACH]

Dear krazykid,

I am thankful for your time! The keyboard is active now and I think I understand the difference between Actions and Actions Library (though, it is a bit difficult to wrap my head around). I can make macros now but...

It seems the "FN" F5, F7, and F8 keys cannot be assigned a macro. I can assign other keys macros with no issue - just record with the little red button, press keys, stop record, then press the key or keys. But, when I click the red button to record, it does not respond to "FN" key strokes. It's the weirdest thing. Like, it doesn't record a FN key stroke, but it will record other key strokes, like CTRL C and CTRL V. I simply want to be able to push the three F keys with out pressing the FN key at the same time.

I really am thankful and embarrassed, but I am trying. Any help will be much appreciated.

Dear krazykid,

I am thankful for your time! The keyboard is active now and I think I understand the difference between Actions and Actions Library (though, it is a bit difficult to wrap my head around). I can make macros now but...

It seems the "FN" F5, F7, and F8 keys cannot be assigned a macro. I can assign other keys macros with no issue - just record with the little red button, press keys, stop record, then press the key or keys. But, when I click the red button to record, it does not respond to "FN" key strokes. It's the weirdest thing. Like, it doesn't record a FN key stroke, but it will record other key strokes, like CTRL C and CTRL V. I simply want to be able to push the three F keys with out pressing the FN key at the same time.

I really am thankful and embarrassed, but I am trying. Any help will be much appreciated.

I think its a better idea that you just use the built in function for media. I don't know why I didn't just tell you this first:

1809908718_2017-11-2715_11_52-CorsairUtilityEngine.png.ef9f75015084bfb5d6308b372717a15b.png

1060213150_2017-11-2715_12_02-.thumb.png.cab7fe25d768b1bfd9665ff5af17a24b.png

Then you can just attach it to the keys you want.

I think its a better idea that you just use the built in function for media. I don't know why I didn't just tell you this first:

[ATTACH]31624[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31625[/ATTACH]

Then you can just attach it to the keys you want.

Hi again krazykid,

OK, I think we got it. I looked at your images, found where the Media option drop down is, then pressed the "+" sign and assigned each of the media options to the respective keys. Took me a few minutes, but it seems to work. I also copied them to the Action Library so I can use them in the future.

I sure hope you understand how helpful you have been to me and I am sincerely thankful. Being older and learning new things takes time and I know that it can be frustrating talking to slower people. So, I really am thankful for helping me. I can now use my keyboard more easily to play Skyrim and I can now use it on skype calls with family.

Thank you again,

climateguy...