Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E dlx vs. 2 x Twinix4400 @ Ramguy

Apeart

Hello Ramguy,

I have a little problem. I bought a Twinix set of 4400 RAM one year ago with the CAS settings 3-4-4-8 . So yesterday I received my order of a second Twinx 4400 set with the CAS 2.5-4-4-8 (the only 4400 available in Germany) . The problem is they won’t work together.

Here is my scenario:

Asus P4C800-E

Pentium 4 - 3,2 @ 4,0 @ 1,485 volts

Corsair Memory @ 250 FSB

Hydrocool 200

The "old" set was properly running at 2,5-4-4-6

The new set does it also at this settings. But if I put the two sets together then the system is crashing about every 5 minutes with memory errors. I tried every setting you suggested in other treads ( 2,85 volts, disable USB legacy, CAS 3-4-4-8, ...)

I found another thread where you suggested to a user with a similar error with two 3200 ll sets to open an RMA.

I’m from Germany how should I handle this?

Thanks for your advice and regards from Germany

Tobias

• Corsair Employees
LOL; Well let me put it this way there is more loading on the memory controller when you add more modules and the system will not over clock as well as it will with just one or 2 modules. That is a limitation of the memory controller not the memory. Sorry! But you are right and we never suggest more than one set of our XMS modules on any MB especially when over clocking. If you need 2.0 Gig of memory I would suggest Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performance.

Archived