titoburritoo

Building a new PC with an AIO cooler

Specs:

H100i V2 - Cooler

i7-8700k - CPU

GTX 1080 SC - GPU

16 GB DDR4 - 3000 - RAM

MAXIMUS Hero X - Mobo

First boot went alright, realized I forgot to plug in the USB header for the fans. Ran it a second time and saw that my temps were climbing to 90C from 50C. I don't have windows installed yet, just running the BIOS. All my fans are on and running. Plugged the AIO pump into the mobo's AIO_Pump header.

The USB will allow the cooler to exchange information with the motherboard and the Link software, once Windows is up and running. For now, it should not have any bearing on operation and the fans and pump will follow the firmware protocols.

If you are hitting 90C and can watch the CPU temp climb when in the BIOS (45..50..55..60..etc), that means the coolant is not circulating. Common issue with the H100i v2/GTX is the header powering it needs to be at 12v at all times and certainly at start up. Your AIO or W_Pump header should provide this by default.

Can you get a speed reading from the AIO Pump header? It should be either around 1000 rpm or in the 1400-1500 rpm range. This is half of the actual pump speed at either the Quiet/Performance setting.

If no reading or simply to be thorough, move the H100i v2 lead over to CPU fan. In the BIOS go to the Q-fan setting (E-Z BIOS), select CPU fan, and set it to "Full Speed". This locks it at 100% and disabled fan control. You can also do the same thing by going into the Advanced BIOS -> Monitor tab and setting the CPU fan header to "disabled". Those are equivalent actions and setting it in one place will also change the other.

Sorry, it will be a miracle if the CPU header picks it up. This one is DOA and appears to have a fatal wiring mistake on the pump. Fastest resolution is probably a return to where you bought it. If they are difficult or have unfriendly return policies, contact Corsair Tech Support through the link at the top of the page. Let them know this is a brand new unit, straight out of the box.

Sorry, it will be a miracle if the CPU header picks it up. This one is DOA and appears to have a fatal wiring mistake on the pump. Fastest resolution is probably a return to where you bought it. If they are difficult or have unfriendly return policies, contact Corsair Tech Support through the link at the top of the page. Let them know this is a brand new unit, straight out of the box.

Gotcha, thanks for the help. Ordering one off Amazon right now with 1 day ship and returning the old one. Thanks.

Edited by titoburritoo