Corsair Community

Will the Commander Mini and Commander Pro work together in LINK?

brighttail

Hey Corsair tech gurus!!

So I just ordered some new ML RGB 140mm fans. 4 individual and one kit. I have a Commander Pro in a box and plan to use to power these 6 new fans. I have another 6 fans that are the original ML 140 RED led fans. To power these fans I use the Commander Mini.

My question is this: Will Corsair Link recognize both the Commander Pro and Mini and allow me to control the speed of all 12 fans?

I ask this because long ago Link would not allow two Corsair Minis.

Thanks!

I dont think so buddy. can have as many Commander Pro's as you like though

Well Link recognizes the mini now. Before while link didn't recognize two mini's it did recognize the mini and the fan hub that was out prior to it and we got around it that way.

Hopefully a Corsair Tech support person will be able to clear this up. :)

I also had a good search for you on here and over on reddit.. dang.. hate not being able to find things like this lol.. good luck bud...

Seems like i was able to answer my own question. My Pro was on the table and had come in the mail. :)

Plugged it in, Link recognized it and did the Firmware upgrade. Both the Pro and the Mini are recognized, are configurable and work together. Even the LED slot in Link is right. On the Pro it gives full functionality to any of the HDLED fans with full RGB range and effects, while the Mini is a simple, you pick your colour, which is fine I'm not going to be using the LED port on the Mini.

I'm very happy I don't have to buy another Pro. :)

Now I just gotta figure out how I'm going to mount these suckers, the tape is nice but it loses its grip quickly. I'll find another adhesive or some velcro straps to tie em to the case. :)

Link can absolutely handle both the Mini and Pro being installed. I have them installed in my test bench in the lab; hell, the Mini is plugged into the Pro's USB ports. ;)

Yeah they were working together and then the mini just stopped. I think I need a firmware upgrade or something as it has been 2 years since I last used it, but Link doesn't show that it needs one, in fact, it doesn't show it at all so I'm not sure how I would update it if it needs it.

Ah well, I got another Pro and they both work fine. I'll look at the mini in another computer sometime, maybe I can get it to work there.

So does anyone know the latest firmware of the Commander Mini? Also if Link won't recognize the Mini at all, is there another way to update the firmware?

Hmmm. Link should show it. How do you know it was working?

I don't have mine hooked up right now and I don't see any firmware files or info in my "Corsair Stuff" file. I do have a bunch of old Link install versions. If anyone know if a Commander Mini firmware update is embedded in one of those let me know and if I have it I will post it.

The last firmware is 1.1.06 for the Commander Mini. :D:

Hoping someone in Corsair will give you the solution reading your post here. :roll:

"Perhaps" I have one, but I prefer to wait and see what is the solution offer officially by Corsair before to write you "mine". :p:

It was being seen by link and then after a day with my pro, the link stopped showing up. The fans were still running at what I had set them at, but I couldn't change nor see the fans. Simply the link disappeared. I tried it without the Pro installed, reboots, reinstalls, nothing. The fans on the link never changed their RPMs from what I originally set them at but I couldn't see them in link.

Archived