Corsair Community

Module bad??

freak200169

I've got a set of TWINX1024-3200XLPRO. And reciently I've started to have problems such as bluescreens and just random freezes. I just assumed it was memory so I ran memtest86 on them both...which about 80% through the first pass froze completly. I then tested them one at a time and found out that one is good (no errors) and the other had 3 errors in the exact location. I ran both of them for 5 passes. Does this sound like a bad module?? thanks

"UPDATE" Last night I let the 'bad' module run and with 64 passes it got 333 errors. Still in the exact location as last time. I just tried them both, one at a time, in another system and the bad module didn't even post. However the other module works fine. It is actually what I'm using at the moment.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP with an Athlon 64 3000. The fsb is at default (10x200) for both the cpu and memory. As well the memory timings are 2-2-2-5.

When I first got this setup I did some overclocking, though nothing major. Memory timings set to 2.5-3-3-7. The max fsb was 10x230. This board doesn't support any memory voltages above 2.7 just so you know.

Thanks for the reply.

My Full Specs:

GA-K8NNXP

Athlon64 3000

TwinX1024-3200XLPRO

XFX 6800GT

Turbo-Cool 425

Archived