Corsair Community

Taking My Corsair One to Australia

immanent

Hello,

I have a Corsair One that I would like to use in Australia for a few weeks. I would like to know if anyone can recommend how electric will work on the device in Australia and New Zealand.

I have read on traditional types of PC's there is a switch the power supply to convert the power. Without opening the Corsair One, I am not seeing this as an option.

Is it as simple as adding an Australia adapter to a USA PC power cable? Is there another type of hardware I should purchase?

It would be great if my Corsair One did not explode on me.

Any suggestions or help would be great!

Thank you.

You should be able to use your CORSAIR ONE just fine in Australia as long as you are using proper power cable for the PSU.

Thank you for writing back! That makes me feel much better

So I would be looking for a PSU cable with the Australian plug type. Something like this?

Or would a basic wall adapter work with a USA plug? Like this ?

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

Sorry to bring up this old chestnut again, but can I ask if you (or anyone) can confirm this? I’m actually looking to bring my US system to Singapore (also 220V) and would appreciate any confirmation of the following.

Basically if I could just use a socket adapter instead of lugging a voltage converter, that’s be the ideal situation.

Thanks in Advance!

• Corsair Employee

I haven't had an opportunity to test but I would recommend to just use the appropriate power cable. If you are located in the US, PM your shipping address and I can send you a cable.

Others can chime in on their experience with power adapters

Hi Alan,

Thanks much for your reply (and for the cable offer). I do have cables that fit the Singapore plug standard already lying around the place so will bring with me.

I was actually looking for more of a confirmation that the PSU would be able to auto switch/regulate the voltage on plugging in the system to a 220V source. Similar to the TS, the last thing I’d want is to plug in the system in Singapore and end up with a smouldering paper weight.

Thanks again!

• Corsair Employee
Hi Alan,

Thanks much for your reply (and for the cable offer). I do have cables that fit the Singapore plug standard already lying around the place so will bring with me.

I was actually looking for more of a confirmation that the PSU would be able to auto switch/regulate the voltage on plugging in the system to a 220V source. Similar to the TS, the last thing I’d want is to plug in the system in Singapore and end up with a smouldering paper weight.

Thanks again!

All CORSAIR ONE units share the same PSU in accordance to their trim. We just supply a different power cord for each regional SKU.

The PSU should auto switch to adjust to the different voltage source.

I just want to follow up.

I purchased a new PC power cable from an electronics shop in Australia and it worked like a charm. I traveled all over Australia and New Zealand with my Corsair One and had no trouble at all.

On the other hand, I plugged my Magic Bullet blender into a power adapter and completely fried the blender. The whole hotel room smelled like burning metal. Wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks again Alan

Archived