Corsair Community

Corsair Link & X399

Undermoose

I don't have another system.

They are both transplants to X399. OS was installed fresh.

I recently, within the last 2 weeks, moved them both to a new case. I discovered yesterday I forgot to hook up the USB on the PSU and fixed that tonight. I found a loose pin on the header connector and secured it, but that could have just happened on the reseat as the affected component was the AIO, not the PSU.

Both are working now and CL is reinstalled. I'll know more in the next day or two with respect to lock ups, etc.

I do have the CPU on half the header, and the PSU on the other half of the header, a single header connecting to both devices. It's been working on that cable for 1-2 years on the X99 I sold.

I should add that New Year's weekend, if all the parts get here as expected, the AIO will be moved back to the 780T case, and my friend may buy both case and AIO. I'm building my first custom water cooled loop! Two EK AMD Vega64 water blocks, Heatkiller IV Threadripper waterblock, Hardwarelabs GTR 560 radiator, EK Dual DDC 5.25 single bay pump. For the case I'll just say the 900D was the runner up, it just couldn't fit my single 560 radiator. My beast of a Corsair PSU (AX1500i) will be the only Corsair product inside the case, though I'm typing on a K95 RGB :D At that point it'll be a single device on the USB 2.0 header.

Here's something I noticed. On reboot with CL installed, I get a bunch of System events, DComm errors, 6 of them all the same thing. If I uninstall CL I still get 2 of them, but consistently get 6 with CL installed.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date: 12/19/2017 10:17:02 PM

Event ID: 10016

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: LOCAL SERVICE

Computer: PC

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}

and APPID

{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-20T03:17:02.860797000Z" />

<EventRecordID>22372</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="1204" ThreadID="1860" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>

<Data Name="param2">Local</Data>

<Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>

<Data Name="param4">{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}</Data>

<Data Name="param5">{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}</Data>

<Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>

<Data Name="param7">LOCAL SERVICE</Data>

<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-19</Data>

<Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>

<Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>

<Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

• Corsair Employee

Congrats on your custom loop! I was into those for a while, but I fuss with my hardware too much and working at Corsair means a near constant stream of new stuff to play with. Now I just use Hydro graphics cards and our closed loop coolers.

Honestly I doubt it's the cable splitter you're using. I've engaged in similar shenanigans before without issue.

My next question would be to try the peripherals one at a time, or even run Link without either the cooler or the PSU connected. I've seen hardware straight up flake out with a bad connection before.

I appreciate your patience, I know this is an absolute nightmare and everything should work fine out of the box.

OK, well we know it was locking up with just the AIO and 4.9.3.25 because I forgot to connect the PSU.

I forgot that on 4.9.2.27 I don't get lock ups using the PC, but if I'm gone for a while the monitor never returns from auto power off. In fact the caps lock/scroll lock stop responding. So it is another form of a system crash. It just doesn't seem to crash while using the system.

I'll go back to 4.9.3.25 and try just the PSU.

Question, I heard somewhere that the H110i GTX had firmware issues and were being replaced by H115i at times. I submitted an RMA several weeks back but never followed through with an exchange. Is there any substance to H110i GTX, firmware, and perhaps X399?

• Corsair Employee

I'm not necessarily aware of that, but it's certainly a possibility. If the PSU works fine in Link but the H115i causes issues, I'd say we pinned down the problem.

The system I'm playing with over the holiday break has all this:

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X

MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

128GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue

Corsair [REDACTED] AiO Cooler

Corsair AX860i

Corsair Commander Pro

Corsair Lighting Node Pro

4x RGB Strips

8x ML RGB Fans

...and with all that mess, I haven't had any stability issues apart from Ryzen's finicky IMC on 4.9.3 or the impending 4.9.4.

• Corsair Employee

We're releasing the new Hydro Series H[REDACTED]i. It includes [REDACTED] control, with up to [REDACTED][REDACTED] fans, a [REDACTED] mode, and a brand new [REDACTED]. It's guaranteed to improve performance over the last generation by up to [REDACTED] degrees.

"Corsair [REDACTED] AiO Cooler"

Is that another new model that Corsair are bringing out?

Custom water loop finished.

Upgraded to 4.9.4.28.

Only using AX1500i inside the case, and yep, locked up after a couple of hours of use.

Removed Corsair Link again...

No fans on the Vega64 GPU's anymore :) Temp's are in the upper 20's idle, mid-upper 40's under load. CL still sees 3 fans...

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/3179295

• Corsair Employee

The AMD GPU bug(s)...we're working on those. DevBiker gave me a very helpful rundown of the work he's been doing helping people out on the forums, and that material is being forwarded to the software team proper. It's entirely possible it's just bad juju between Link/CPUID SDK and the Vega 64 cards.

One last way we can determine what the problem is would be to just disconnect the AX1500i and see what happens when you run Corsair Link as a regular system monitor.

Archived