Corsair Community

Corsair one pro question

pizza_lover

I keep getting comments that the 400 WATT PSU might be too low.

Is there any concerns I should worry about?

Anyone here who can confirm the corsair pro can handle long gaming sessions and streaming capabilities? :eek:

My corsair one - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-one-pro-compact-gaming-pc-gtx-1080-480gb-m-2-ssd-2tb-hdd-16gb-ddr4-na

I purchased my One Pro 1080 ( not 1080ti ) with the 400 power supply months ago and haven't had any problems with it. I play WOW for hours and it runs fine. It sits right beside my monitor and is very quiet ( the fans do rev up a little but with sound from the games I don't hear them. The games and simulators ( IL2 Battle over Stalingrad ) I play might not be as demanding as some other games but I'm running at 1080p. A higher rez might be different. It never over heats and never shuts off or bogs down when playing. Browsing the internet the fans don't even come on. I think the teks at Corsair did their homework when they made this awesome machine and it will only get better.

Pizza, I also had this concern before I purchased back in June. I have yet to have any issues with the 400W power supply and GTX1080. I have also OC from the already 4.5 to 4.7Ghz and everything runs stable no problems running Destiny 2 Max settings 1080P 144Hz. Also C1 is much more energy efficient then those with 650W+ which is overkill unless running dual GPU and your saving $. Edited by zguy85

MrPace, I agree completely. Unfortunately for me, at the time I ordered back in June, the TI was completely unavailable and the understanding across the board was that it might be a very long time till available again, which it was only another month or so or I would have got the TI. I'll most likely get the C2 when it comes out whenever that happens.

I figure if you're gonna spend $2500 on a pre-built, why not chuck in the extra $200 and get the TI with the bigger power supply?

That was my thinking anyway...

it would have been more, like $400-500 more with taxes

Which I didn't have at the time and didn't want to wait for the holidays to come around and be delayed